Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anybody opening their businesses up?

OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have. Got a landscape, fence, and deck thing. People are happy I'm up and running.

Comments

• Ace343Ace343 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭ Junior

We never stopped being open. Just started working appointments only instead of door knocking. Own a roofing company

I hope your business stays busy though Odin!

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We never shut down. Just three people, though. And seldom see each other anyway.

• OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks. Just trying to keep my lead dudes feeding their families. I hate to loose them to another job. It would **** to have to train new dudes to do what they already know.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never closed, was deemed essential because many of our clients are

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I'm an independent contractor with a home inspection business. No employees and was actually considered "essential" during all of this. The real estate market has taken a dip because many took their homes off the market, plus the hit on WS and the economy. Thus my business has been hit pretty hard.

However, I've seen an up tick in the market in the past few weeks. My area is a second home, retirement area in the mountains of NE Georgia. We have only had 21 cases reported in our county so far and I do feel people will take notice to that in the coming months. I really feel the rural areas are going to see more people looking to move in and out of the vastly populated areas. With that said, I'm hoping for an increase in business in the next month or so....hoping & praying....

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2020

Open and the gov can say whatever. Making money is essential and American. Be safe and be smart. I actually went back to my old company but in a different role. Large healthcare company and actually at a facility instead of corporate. It’s not as advertised. Not clinical by the way and only have a hand on the business side. Still doing landscape and hardscape stuff on the side

• Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I own a blasting and restoration business. We fell into a wierd in-between for two months. If it was construction related, we were "essential." If it was restoration, we were not. But we finally got back to fully ooen last week. Now the fun part of getting the jobs coming in again. Thanks CV-19.

• dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife works at Welstar Kennestone. She is just now being furloughed in CT. It makes no sense. Their workload slowed for a while but has now picked up to normal levels. Now the want to cut their working staff in half. Patients will be waiting forever for a CT there for a while.

We think they kept everyone working when they were afraid of the Covid rush, now that thing are getting back to normal they are looking for ways to save money.

I hope none of you are planning on getting scanned at Kennestone anytime soon.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We spray weeds. Never stopped working.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2020

My law practice never shut down because it's small and everyone can do 90% of their work from home.

My men's ministry shifted to zoom several weeks ago and we continue to use that to meet.

But my side job as a travel baseball coach resumed today with our first workout. Players came in shifts of three, and we used a private facility since the city of Atlanta is still locked down as far as youth sports go.

We expect to be playing tournaments starting in June at places outside the city limits. But we will probably not be able to access any of our regular practice fields for several months based on the Atlanta mayor's advisory council report issued a couple of days ago.

@Odin you treat them right I’m sure they will stay with you! I’m glad to see everyone opening back up though for the most part and hopefully being prosperous!

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've gone in to work almost every day, did mostly telehealth for 2 weeks, now averaging 25-30 patients a day for me (capacity is 45/day). Today I have only 5 Mohs cases (usually 8-10). Part of the reason is staffing - I usually have 3 MA's, now just 2 and one is a trainee.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Home Depot’s numbers are up 33%. You have to hunt for a parking spot. Dumb that anyone had to close given the people did not actually isolate. We own two businesses, one being a restaurant/bar. Yes, we’ve reopened but we are in a neighborhood (Va Highlands) where the majority still believe they are going to die and Kemp is a jackleg. The people on NextDoor are actually shaming the restaurants that have opened. The future is uncertain for many, many people.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bank, what's the name of your place? I'd love to drop in. Please DM me if you don't want to post.