Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Zero Georgia football players among ESPN Top 32 preliminary 2021 NFL draft list

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageZero Georgia football players among ESPN Top 32 preliminary 2021 NFL draft list

Georgia football has recruited as well as any program the past five years, but the Bulldogs don't have any players among Todd McShay's early projections for Top 32 in the 2021 NFL draft class

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's because McSway is too busy buried under Saban, Swinney, and Ryan day's desk to pay attention to any other team but those 3. That'll all change over the course of the season. I could see as many as 3 of our dbs taken in the 1st round next year. Todd mcshay is a huge joke. I think he had Thomas going like 16th, yeah he knows so much about draft picks. That's why he works for so ZERO NFL teams. I could also see a certain DT sneak his way into the conversation if he can play up to his potential.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At first I bristled but then it made more sense given the picks. 2 of Bama's guys are receivers, duh! Another is Najee who could have gone pro but returned, and I've certainly heard Surtain's name many times in games. And then Moses will be a first rounder so, hard to argue against.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's hard to take any pundit's May opinion all that seriously. Of course Bama has talent, we've always known that. But as Mike points out, there's a number of Georgia players who may very well be at that level by season's end. That McShay doesn't see it as this point is irrelevant. He'll be proven either right or wrong (I suspect it will be the latter). As of now, it's little more than a hypothetical designed to give people something to talk about while we wait. And here we are, reading and commenting about it...

• DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

I just can't see Matt Landers as a top draft pick.

• roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This article could be a lot better if the author went back and added McShay’s top 32 at this point last year so that we could see how accurate he has been historically.

• AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Patrick Surtain that’s hilarious he is not his father. Are corners are way better than him. Mcshay is never right!! He had Andrew Thomas as the fourth tackle in the draft how did that end up. I also remember him saying Isiah Wilson was a day three pick so his word means nothing.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cool, maybe this means we will have more underclassmen stay and play their senior year. Go Dawgs!!!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, nobody knows and Georgia is typically not hyped up early. I'm sure Fromm's low draft spot probably affected it as well. Newman is 3rd best odds (10-1) at winning the Heisman, so he is expected to be the #3 QB with both Fields and Lawrence going to be taken very, very early. In 2020, 3 of the top 6 picks were QB choices with #4 going in the 1st round as well.

Take it all with a grain of salt - we haven't seen one down of football played, so who knows.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, that's a huge reach. Especially for someone who has played as sparingly as he has. He has the size, in spades, but it just hasn't clicked for him and don't know that it will.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He hasn't said anything to get your pantyhose in a knot. Until GA slays BAMA head to head, McShay will keep on showing the Tide in a more uplifting light. The Dawgs need to go through Bama in their stadium and then McShay may show them more love, but I doubt it. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McShay is wrong....again. You see little ole David UGA is about to slay that big bad giant Goliath Alabama. UGA is fielding a fantastic team this year. The stigma will be broken. Saban is going to meet his match this go round. I know I'm in the minority....but just where I want to be. The Dawgs must come out roaring and maintain it through four full quarters!!! Saban always adjusts and UGA falls. Not this time...Monken is a threshhold above most OC's. Luke has already shown us he can win the big ones right out of the box. I am feeling much more confident this season. GO DAWGS!!!

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Who cares what McShay and Kiper says. They guess as much as any of us but get paid for it.. Kinda like being a meteorologist, they can be wrong yet no one thinks anything about it. Although I do like my meteorologist here in Atlanta!!!

Go Dawgs!!!