Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Social media split on reaction to Georgia football landing JT Daniels

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageSocial media split on reaction to Georgia football landing JT Daniels

Georgia football did what it has traditionally done, and it brought in more talent in the form of transfer quarterback JT Daniels. The former USC quarterback announced that he would be transferring to Georgia via Twitter on Thursday.

The news caught the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to have the young man. Our QB competition is going to be fierce! I love it!

GO DAWGS!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The headlines said, “social media SPLIT over...”. I found almost 100% of the comments were positive so maybe this is a 99:1 split. I think it’s great news unless we lose Brock in 2021 or Gunner in 2022....then only time will tell. Hopefully those recruits have enough self confidence to come in and compete.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I personally don’t think he will get a waiver to play this year unless he has a real **** father who gets a finger cut-off by a folding chair at USC.......Just saying 😉

Go Dawgs!!!

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not seeing a split in Social Media here. Looks pretty darn positive to me!

• KGC061159KGC061159 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I know it is hard to say right now, but do you believe this will have any barring on keeping the commitment of Vandergriff. I am not sure it will be worth it if we lose that commitment. Any thoughts ?

• KGC061159KGC061159 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I think with the limited information that I have read, I think it plays out like this: Daniels and Newman vie for the starting spot in 2020. With Beck and Mathis and Bennett watching from afar. With a year under his belt, Daniels starts in 2021 with Vandergriff learning the system from the bench. Beck goes to portal. Daniels with two years as starter will start 2022 and Vandergriff either sticks it out or goes to the portal and Mathis goes to portal which may have barring on what direction Stockton goes. I know right now Gunner has his ship pointed at South Carolina but with him being a 2022 guy a lot can and will change. What comes after that is anyone's guess. We got absolutely nothing from Fields as a 5 star and we may also miss out on a 5 star in Stockton in 2022 because of this move. I will agree that this is a win at any cost move but is that the right move for Georgia right now? Any thoughts?

• AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just don’t see it. Too many QB’s in the room guarantees a couple of them won’t get a fair chance. How do you spread meaningful practice snaps among Mathis, Newman, Beck and now Daniels in a new offense? I don’t get it.

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Competition breeds championships. Look at how many QBs have been at AL as they were winning many times over. This is rough game and injuries occur. I'm glad to have that many in the QB room. We play in the SEC. They all must be ready as they are a play away from being called out to the field. If any of them leaves it will be Beck as he has more to prove. Mathis will be fine as Smart is loyal to him and his family and Brock will have time to learn the system without being thrown into the fire...

Go Dawgs!!!!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, hopefully he WON'T get a waiver (and maybe that's part of Smart's deal with him) and so he can spend 2020 prepping, allow Newman to graduate and then have an interesting battle for 2021.

Smart is beyond words. I mean, he pretty much gets whatever top QBs he wants. Eason, Fields, Fromm and probably would've gotten Lawrence if we weren't so loaded. Of course, everything is QB transfer city so who knows.

Amazing job as always and welcome to JT. Very unexpected. I just wish we could recruit at the other positions (like WR) where you can actually have 2-3 superstars on the team and have both play.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

WTH?! Smart and company apparently can sell ice to an eskimo. I don't even know what to think. Monken must have figured out a way to have two QBs on the field at once. All of these kids must believe they can win the starting job. Wow!

No matter what our QB room looks like in 2020, I pray Brock spends his 3 years at UGA. That kid is the last recruit I would want to lose.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We'll probably be losing a QB or two to the transfer portal after all is said and done...what goes around comes around. May the best QB win out!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Doesn't matter who starts he will he a good one. Just dont **** it up for the defense and we good. You can never have too many food qb on the team. Now watch those other teams fans stat the hate 😆

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thus is the time of yr where UGA makes some noise on the recruiting front also.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said earlier that Daniels would transfer out of UGA if he loses the starting spot.....waiver permitting...Not if Newman wins....as he has only one year eligibility. If D'Wan, or Beck win....I do believe Daniels will enter the portal again. Makes sense. That nagging ACL and meniscus injury last year will also factor in. They are tough to heal in one year and it is not nearly a year yet...Jan. is a year. UGA has some realpower at QB now.....just need to practice as a team to showcase what they can do. One author said D'Wan is throwing as well if not better than Newman already. That is interesting. Do not count out Carson Beck either....big kid with a strong arm and quite mobile.

Just as a nibbler...5-star commit QB Brock Vandagriff will be on field in 2021! He will challenge all comers next season!!! This young standout talent is dynamite!!! I predict he will win the starting job 2021 or '22. He is also a tremendously effective recruiter for UGA. Stay tuned!!!!