Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

First look, Marcus Rosemy: Georgia WR insider likens him to Riley Ridley

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageFirst look, Marcus Rosemy: Georgia WR insider likens him to Riley Ridley

Georgia football has several talented freshmen receivers who could make an impact, and Marcus Rosemy is one known for making the tough catches and running precise routes

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Landers will have to show significance improvement over his career thus far in order to get meaningful playing time. In other words he needs to learn how to consistently catch the ball.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think the key to our receivers is catching balls that are catchable and running proper routes. We had way too many drops last year, along with route running errors.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay guys, pass catching is the big thing here, we all know that......but...blocking like Ridley is another...."Particularly if he (Rosemy) does indeed match Ridley’s talents and open-field blocking physicality and efficiency." Rosemy needs some work in that specialty. That is an SEC must. Rosemy caught my eye early on as a receiver who can catch the big ones down the middle and break away. Proficient. I did not see his open-field blocking skills. Yeah, offensive WRs need to block. I believe Rosemy will master this technique quickly and he will see playing time. This kid is really talented.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bush hasn't been on the field so he is a? Landers has been on the field, but he is inconsistent as a pass catcher, so again he is a ? Robertson was a freshman All American receiver before transfering home to UGA, but he has been inconsistent while at UGA, so he is also a ? Jackson has also been inconsistent, so he is a ? The only consistent receiver on the red and black team is Pickens. Maybe Blalock comes back from his ACL tear, but who knows. Hope the 5 new receivers can catch the football.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pickens literally caught 100% of the "catchable" balls thrown to him in 2019. The kid is special, on the field. ALL five of the new freshman are very special too. I say again, ALL FIVE! When this group matures our offense will be setting records at UGA and will be talked about like our defense is this year.

I pray we have a full season!