Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Devon Gales house fund

scorehousescorehouse Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

i tried to donate via text thinking it would be paid thru my phone bill. however, they wanted me to pay by credit card. i don't do credit card or bank info on the net. please tell anyone in the know to offer Paypal as an option or list a donation address for a money order. thanks

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Credit card over the Internet is common these days. I don't really blame them for doing it that way. And if fraudulent charges are made, I've never had problems getting the credit card company to take them off. And, the last time this happened, a couple of years ago, the credit card company called me to tell me they were taking it off before I even saw it. They are very good at this stuff.

Still, you're right to decide if you don't want to do credit card payments over the Internet.

It's similar to me refusing to make political donations because I know that unless I lie about my contact info, I will be hit for years with entirely unwanted political marketing come every election... Most people who I know just lie. But it just feels too demeaning to me to be giving people free money and have to lie about myself in order to give it to them. So I just don't give it.