Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why Georgia associate head coach Matt Luke 'a rarity,' per Ole Miss insider

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhy Georgia associate head coach Matt Luke 'a rarity,' per Ole Miss insider

New Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke provides more value to the Bulldogs than just ensuring a cohesive front, as Kirby Smart views him as an equal

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would whole heartedly agree, can't think of a better man for the job. He really meshes well with all aspects of the game.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m very excited about Luke and I sincerely believe he is a better “on field” coach than Pittman. I think he gave us a glimpse of his coaching ability in the Sugar Bowl while fielding a decimated OL against a very good Baylor defense. I don’t think Pittman would have done as well under similar conditions. Pittman is a great recruiter and a fun personality (goofball), but I think the level of player talent along our OL made him look better than he was. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know we have a shuffled O-Line this year but I believe Luke will turn these guys into fierce run blocking machines. More agile, able to move in space better and become attackers instead of letting the defense dictate. Since the pandemic I have re-watched several games from last season and it was atrocious how many times Swift was met in the backfield. So much for the "Great Wall."

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I remember being thrilled when Kirby hired Luke. I think it was, in hindsight, a no-brainer especially since the two knew each other so well. I think our offensive line is going to shock doubters this season.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke has that let's get at them before they get at us coaching mentality. Aggressive. A Luke OL takes that first step not the D. This keeps the D out of the backfield so often. The OL dictates where the play will be directed, allowing the QB more freedom to interpret the D "look." Matt was marvelous in the Baylor game. If that is the indicator...UGA will have one heck of a year!!!

• Options
    DAWGS34DAWGS34 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

I like the Cade Mays jab “...attempting to play left tackle.”

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Is Mike G. related to Chip T.?

"But it’s no secret defensive-minded coaches like Smart don’t always mix well with so-called offensive gurus like Monken..."

Must be a slow news day, so Mikey G. figured it was time to whip up some dust and see where it lands. Stir that pot baby and throw some chum in the stew!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope that the addition of Luke means more Toss Sweeps, and guards pulling with bad intentions.