Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ACC, PAC-12 to reportedly expected to join Big Ten in moving to conference-only schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageACC, PAC-12 to reportedly expected to join Big Ten in moving to conference-only schedule

It appears more and more conferences are going to end up following the Big Ten's lead with regards to moving to conference-only games for the 2020 season. The Big Ten made the announcement on Thursday. "We are facing uncertain and unprecedented times, and the health, safety and wellness of our student-athletes,

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

The first domino has fallen...the SEC will follow the lead...will we even have a season in the Fall?

I'd be very surprised if cases continue on their current trajectory...unless miraculously cases begin to fall or at the very least level off then we will NOT be playing football in the Fall. Period.

And if we don't have college football in the Fall then EVERYONE can and SHOULD blame our illustrious (NOT!) leader (NOT!) named the Orange Man. No National guidelines, no clear communication, no consistent message....a completely garbled free-for-all wild west kind of response from the Orange Man and his Administration. A 10-year old child could have come up with a better National Response.

But you elected him....not me.

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

"ACC, PAC-12 to reportedly expected to join Big Ten in moving to conference-only schedule"

Damn Connor! Might be your worst headline of all.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A 10 game SEC schedule would greatly increase our strength of schedule difficulty, and decrease our likelyhood of escaping the season with no more than 1 loss. Imagine if we added TXAMU and LSU to BAMA and Auburn? We'd have the toughest schedule in the country.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe we were to lock it down to flatten the curve . I believe we did that. It wasn't to stop the disease forever. We've heard nothing but inconsistencies from Fauci, "it's not going to be a big deal-oops!- it is the biggest deal ever" "We must remain locked down into next year." Yeh, right. "Don't wear a mask- oops!- on second thought "Masks help stop the spread" -duh. Did anyone really believe masks did no good? He seriously said that. He also said W.H.O. was reliable- LOL! China was forthright yadayadaya. Read about the Chinese whistle blower on the Fox News website. Trump shut off flights from China they said he was over-reacting. LOL! Go vote for Biden, I mean AOC.