Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Golf

razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited July 2020 in Off Topic

Did a quick search and aside from a thread on the UGA golf team and an effort to start a Forum golf tourney last year didn't see anything that allowed Dawgnation users to post on their own golf games...favorite courses, best scores, handicaps, equipment, etc. Had a good round? post/share!

Here's one to start: Top 3 favorite courses you've played. One man's list:

• Cabo del Sol (Ocean Course, now called the Cove Course)
  • Bethpage Black
  • Ocean Club (Bahamas)

Who else?

PS- one of my favorite holes - Cabo del Sol Ocean Course at dusk...think it was 16

Comments

• JWhiteJWhite Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a very tough call on which courses and took me a minute to think but here are mine

1. Olympic Club (San Francisco)
    2. Pinehurst 2
    3. Streamsong Black

Honorable Mention:

Tobacco Road

Streamsong Red

TPC Hardin Park

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've heard Streamsong is awesome...definitely on the list.

How'd you get on Olympic? Playing on WGT on my iPad is about as close as I'll get to a round there (lol)

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

King and prince in st Simmons and savannah harbor in savannah Georgia are two of my favorite Georgia courses (that people can actually play)

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never played the Honors course but I’ve heard how awesome it is. Nob North is down the road from me so I tee’em up there when I can.

• chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nob North is a nice little city owned course. I like getting down there when I can. That par 5 to start the back is a beast!

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a list @rwdennis - Bandon Dunes is on my list for sure, I heard it’s kind of a hassle to get to from the airport though - still worth it I assume?

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,572 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Royal Dornach

Carnegie Castle

Vaquero Country Club

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Were you part of the student caddy program? I had a bunch of buddies from high school that worked there doing that.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My top 3

Cliffs at Glassy, Greenville, SC

Greenville CC (Chanticleer)

Berkeley Hall (South) Bluffton, SC

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bethpage Black and PGA West are my only two prominent rounds. They were a while back.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

-All four courses at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Sandestin, FL

-Ocean Point Fripp Island, SC

-Sky Valley CC, Sky Valley, GA. Breathtaking Mountain View’s

-The Golf Club of Amelia Island. Ritz-Carlton Fernandina, FL

-Forest Heights CC Statesboro, GA. My home course and favorite course on the planet.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My top 3 I’ve played:

1. Torrey Pines South in San Diego (twice, one time played 9 holes for FREE after 6pm!)
    2. The Lost City in South Africa (AFTER apartheid days in 1996, parred the famous crocodile pit hole with a sand save!)
    3. Makena North on Maui, Hawaii

Honorable mention: Marsh Creek in St Augustine FL. Not my lowest score but probably my best played round as I only lost one golf ball on a course where 16 holes have forced carries, many of them more than one per hole.

I’ve also enjoyed volunteering as a leaderboard, walking scorer and even the starter once at the Kazakhstan Open, US Open 2002 & 2004, and Turkish Airlines Open. It’s a great way to get up close to the action!

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was a member at Forest Heights from 1986 to 2002. It is a great golf course. Do they still host the Schenkel Tournament?

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They do. Schenkel and Southeastern. My FIL won the southeastern a few times. If you were a member during that time, no doubt you know him.