Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: One big difference between 2018, 2020 Georgia football quarterback battles

SystemSystem Posts: 11,098 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: One big difference between 2018, 2020 Georgia football quarterback battles

Georgia football once again finds itself with two talented quarterback options entering a season. The Bulldogs had brought in Jamie Newman in January, and for months there was the expectation that Newman would be the guy to replace Jake Fromm as the starting quarterback. Many pundits tabbed Newman as a

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I upvote this and also say that, to me personally, daniels should really sit unless called upon. There's no point in rushing him back from the acl injury. I mean we've already seen first hand, case in point with zamir white. Though a freak accident, it still happens. I don't doubt daniels ability at all, but his body needs to be 110%. Honestly, I still get nervous for zamir.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I respect Kirby's decisions. If the current OC had been in charge last year, many things likely would have been different in a very positive way.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do you start a one year and done QB to best get to where you want to be at season's end or do you look to the future over the next three years? Yes, the playbook is going to be tough to assimilate by Sept 7. Jamie has been looking at it now for months. JT Daniels has just arrived and is still recovering from an ACL injury. Kirby is closer than we are....it is his call. Next year, I am a Brock Vandagriff man....if he does not start he will transfer. Do not lose Brock!!! Beck and D'Wan are both great talents as well. The transfer portal will be busy...sorry to say. Daniels could still overtake all next season....we simply do not know.

• Diablo_and_DocDiablo_and_Doc Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does it really matter that Daniels had a "much bigger recruiting pedigree"? I expect Newman to easily beat out J.T. for the starting nod. If J.T. starts over Newman, we're headed for a rough season.