Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Hoping Georgia loses to Auburn...

SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So that Fox will be fired once and for all. Otherwise his reign of mediocrity will continue and Georgia basketball will never be more than a bubble team recruiting only 3-star talent.

What say you

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heard a stat a couple of years ago on ESPN talk radio that really opened my eyes. Per CC (I’ll let you guys figure out who CC is/was), the major college basketball programs (Louisville, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc) reaches “X” amount of revenue for a full season. Top SEC football teams surpass that “X” number in only TWO home games.

It seems painfully obvious that the love for UGA pigskin isn’t going to be “fully” shared with the hoops sport anytime soon – understandably so, with that amount of revenue discrepancy. I would love to get as excited about our hoops program as I do our football program, but it’s very tough to do that when the University itself just doesn’t truly commit to a major change.

I’m not making a stance on what should happen regarding Fox either way, but even if he loses his job, in all likelihood, it wouldn’t be a vast upgrade.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2017

I have long believed that our gym is too outdated--even with the upgrades. Fox has been working with one hand tied behind his back. I don't know much about his coaching because I don't follow basketball too much. But if the football program needs new locker rooms and an indoor practice facility for recruiting, basketball needs a new arena.

• Options
    SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

Well, well, well @SnoopDawg - you didn't get your wish tonight! Dawgs On Top.

Saw this on Twitter:

• Options
    ugabossugaboss Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

No matter what the situation anyone who would hope UGA loses is not much of a fan.