Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia-Virginia likely off; SEC commissioner Greg Sankey issues official statement

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia-Virginia likely off; SEC commissioner Greg Sankey issues official statement

ATHENS — SEC commissioner Greg Sankey made it clear on Wednesday night there’s no room for speculation at this time in his league office. Sankey issued the following statement shortly after the ACC announced it’s 11-game schedule, which included 10 conference games plus one non-conference game: RELATED: ACC announces

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fake pandemic? JFC man, go away. You are probably one of those idiots spreading the virus around. There's still a chance this season will go on.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Super easy to make the decision about dropping the Virginia game and keeping Tech...much much tougher for the Power 5 governing bodies to make a the HARD decision IF football will be played at all this Fall and HOW it will be conducted. The NCAA has given the Power 5 its 'blessing' but that is nothing more than wiping your hands of responsibility and saying, "It's all yours boys...good luck"...

For the 4th or 5th time, it looks like the decision can will be kicked down the road and until next week at the earliest...probably just hoping that cases might dip (even though deaths are on the rise), so they have an excuse to say " Play Ball"! And we haven't even started practice or scrimmages yet. Egads.

So many factors beyond anyone's control and so much health and safety being sidelined for the sake of revenue. Pathetic. All for a season and potential 'Championship' that really cannot even be counted as valid.

*******************NEWS FLASH***********************

And now....Sankey officially kicks the can down the road...." Sankey issued the following statement shortly after the ACC announced it’s 11-game schedule, which included 10 conference games plus one non-conference game:

“It is not appropriate to respond to anonymous sources and speculation. We continue to our discussions focused on the return of fall sports, including football. We will announced any decisions at the appropriate time.”

OMG. They've had months and months to plan for this COVID season and still don't have the balls to make a decision.

DO THE RIGHT THING and CANCEL the FALL season...Period.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you @MontanaDawg. Just cut the cord, already. I'll miss it, but it's really not worth all of this. It's like, it's just the SEC left to make a call, but they're afraid to do it. As I've said all along, despite their claims that player health is the number one priority, it's painfully obvious to all that it is, as it has always been, about the dollars and cents. I knew money controlled college football but I didn't really understand just how much until now. The kids have to sign health waivers to play so the schools get off scot-free if they get sick. It's just not worth. We, like other schools, will lose some good athletes, but it's not worth putting their lives (and the lives of their friends and loved ones) at risk. #shutitdown

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have very little faith in Sankey's abilities to adequately lead the SEC in the right direction this year. Why does he even feel the need to respond to speculation. Just make some decisions already.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

Go ahead and get the printer warmed up for the refund checks at Butts-Mehre.