Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@spradlin24 said:
    Speaking of recruits I have the pleasure of watching Trezman of Clinch County next week in person. My oldest son's team Mount Zion Eagles upset the #1 team in the state Manchester in 1A public so we get to go down south and see what he can do. Look forward to the trip and the game.

I seen Tate from Darlington earlier this year in person and he looks better on film than in person to me. He did not dominate our little team at all. Average weight of our OL may be 200 lbs. I have a feeling Mr. Trezman will not disappoint on that level, but I am pumped to see what our boys can do after the big game yesterday. Will post my thoughts on him after the game next week.

That should be a good one @spradlin24 . We beat Charlton Co Fri, so maybe we'll run into each other bud lol

MZ and ECI have made a habit out of meeting in the last few years. Both meetings were great games so hopefully we will be in the MBS dome this time around. Irwin County is the real deal though so that will be a great game as well. Not a lot of respect for the small division, but several good teams in 1A ball in Georgia for sure.

Absolutely bud

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:
    @spradlin24 do you know the Helton twins?

I know who they are for sure. The best Helton is Cole IMO which is a senior this season. Outstanding OLB for our defense. Those two were part of the turn around at MZ when they came over from Central. MZ lost 19 of 22 starters from last season.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

J Horn just demcomited from Tenn as well

• Options

Greg Emmerson, UT commit , could come into play for our D line

• Options
    HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With all of the coaching fires and hires, players decommitting, teams, like Auburn, making runs, others, like USCjr, getting trashed, recruiting is about to get real wild for the next 25 days. Where will our favorite players be sitting when the music stops and there's one less chair?

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Anything substantial behind this or just wishful thinking?

• Options

@bmauldin wishful thinking. I know we need DL so I think him and Litaker from TN as well could listen if approached.

UTs class should fall apart rather quickly

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @bmauldin wishful thinking. I know we need DL so I think him and Litaker from TN as well could listen if approached.

UTs class should fall apart rather quickly

I really like the ones we are in the mix for.

Cooper would be a great run stopper (even though his coach says he’s quick) only concern is against spread/hurry up offenses.

• Options

Don’t get me wrong, I like the ones we are after as well but these could be seen as plans C and D

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Anything substantial behind this or just wishful thinking?

Not sure about that, he had a really bad knee injury at the Opening.

• Options
    NIKEAIR2014NIKEAIR2014 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JeffSentell what's going on with Justin Fields other insiders saying he might visit Florida

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

I know who they are for sure. The best Helton is Cole IMO which is a senior this season. Outstanding OLB for our defense. Those two were part of the turn around at MZ when they came over from Central. MZ lost 19 of 22 starters from last season.

Their dad Shane was my best friend in highschool.

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:

@spradlin24 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

Their dad Shane was my best friend in highschool.

You went to Central? What yr did you graduate?

• Options

Moving back to the thread purpose, recruiting......

I think the team with the biggest gain from the fall of UT, besides UGA, will be South Carolina. I think they wind up sweeping in and taking Horn, Dean among a few other GA boys on UTs current commit list.

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Moving back to the thread purpose, recruiting......

I think the team with the biggest gain from the fall of UT, besides UGA, will be South Carolina. I think they wind up sweeping in and taking Horn, Dean among a few other GA boys on UTs current commit list.

Unfortunately, you are correct. Muschamp is killing it in recruiting compared to recent years of Spurrier...

• Options
    OldSaltyDawgFanOldSaltyDawgFan Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2017

I agree with @CZCashvilleDawg and @insertusernamehere Muschamp will get his USCe team humming for a while.

We have some really good rivalries that are gonna get more intense in the coming years!

Go Dawgs

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

If Muschamp is getting our leftovers and we are getting the best of the best, I’m ok with that. It’ll mean tougher sledding for Tennessee to get back. It really is incredible how much firing Fulmer set this team back.

And I think Jamaree will be the next to commit

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Salyer and then Mays. Those would be might next two.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

@DawgsofWar said:
    I think Salyer and then Mays. Those would be might next two.

Those 2 are my biggest WANTS of anybody uncommitted. But seeing Reese or Cooper flip after we beat AU down Sat IS possible. Would love Taylor, Ford another true corner and Tindall next.

This discussion has been closed.