Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: SEC’s schedule announcement means big changes for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: SEC’s schedule announcement means big changes for Georgia football

The SEC announced on Thursday that it would be moving to a 10-game conference-only schedule for the 2020 season. That means that Georgia football, along with every other SEC member, the Bulldogs are going to have some changes coming to the schedule. The team of DawgNation insiders — Mike Griffith, Connor Riley,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Still don't see why we have to play Florida in Jacksonville. Would not be surprised if that isn't changed before the actual game comes around. The jaguars organization may have something to say about that. I know the contract is there, but you're also, uga and uf included, putting Jacksonville personnel at risk. At some point, you have to look past the dollars and cents, and actually make sense.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unfortunately, in today's culture, Dollar$ are all that make "sense".

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cry babies on how "they shouldn't even be playing this year" incoming in 3,2,1........

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may be wrong, but it looks like UGa will be the ONLY team playing 4 “home“ games.......and Florida will be the ONLY team playing 4 “away” games. Hmmmm, looks like this needs to be addressed by the SEC and the easy solution is to play the UGa vs lizard🦎 game in Athens.....especially since we are already designated the ‘Home’ team. Considering the extenuating (COVID-19) circumstances I don’t see any logic to the argument that we will need to reciprocate the game and play next season in Gainesville. The only rationale for keeping it in Jacksonville this year would be the stadium and city contracts which they may be happy to cancel if only a few fans can attend. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    tBone80tBone80 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

To me, what is biggest (and best, for the Bulldawgs) 'bout this is moving the Bama game to later, by which time our players should know each other better (especially new QB's and receivers)!! Of course, this is assuming (a HUGE assumption) that the season plays out...!

_

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2020

This was the best Cover Four you-all have had in some time. WELL DONE GENTLEMEN!

Mike Griffith-I agree with your take on the UGA/GA Tech game completely!!!!! You nailed it, UGA does need to move on from that "rival." I am so glad to hear we are not playing the insects this year

Connor Riley-Your arguments reflect a lack of wisdom. Don't just be a talking head, the world needs wisdom, not opinion without substance. I hope UGA/Tech only happens again in a playoff match-up! (Me holding to thumbs up)

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I may be wrong, but it looks like UGa will be the ONLY team playing 4 “home“ games.......and Florida will be the ONLY team playing 4 “away” games. Hmmmm, looks like this needs to be addressed by the SEC and the easy solution is to play the UGa vs lizard🦎 game in Athens.....especially since we are already designated the ‘Home’ team. Considering the extenuating (COVID-19) circumstances I don’t see any logic to the argument that we will need to reciprocate the game and play next season in Gainesville. The only rationale for keeping it in Jacksonville this year would be the stadium and city contracts which they may be happy to cancel if only a few fans can attend. Go Dawgs!!!

=================================================

This is a perfect time to cash in Auburn's IOU to the Dawgs for the back to back home games they got when Mizzu and A&M joined the SEC. Switch the Auburn game to Athens. Problem solved.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Time to break from the ACC games last week of the year, only gives them street cred. The last games in East should be UGA - USC , UTK-UF, UK - UM, and Vandy - Austin Peay. Would certainly add some intrigue on our side of the SEC. Also keep the WLOCP in Jax and allow the recruits. Most unique game and atmosphere there is.