Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Report: DeAndre Baker charged with four counts of robbery with a firearm

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageReport: DeAndre Baker charged with four counts of robbery with a firearm

ATHENS — Former Georgia football All-American DeAndre Baker has been charged with four counts of robbery with a firearm, according to the New York Daily News. If Baker is convicted, the New York newspaper reports the punishment for a robbery involving a firearm is a mandatory sentence of at least 10 years in prison

Read the full story here

Comments

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2020

Wow. Just wow. Who are we to think is to blame for this? Please tell us. Surely it can't be that Deandre Baker himself is responsible for him doing what he (allegedly) did. Kid sitting on top of the world, and now likely going to prison, never to return to the NFL. At some point, people are going to have to become accountable for their own decisioins and actions. Pretty sure this comment will be removed, but I had to write it anyway.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He will likely do time since the crime took place in Florida. He would have already been exonerated if this had happened in New York where he’s employed. I’m sure their mayor would have let him go and fired all the arresting police officers. That may seem like an exaggeration, but it’s becoming a reality.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gave up several million playing in the NFL to rob people for a few thousand.. Real smart

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm confused...so did Baker have a gun and threaten others or not?

So he was somewhere with convicted felons for what reason?

It's a funny thing, when you go looking for trouble, trouble usually finds you first.

It was beneficial for me to learn that very early in life.

I wish DeAndre had learned it. So disappointed.

His lawyers statement is proof.. By Blaming the judicial system as the cause. They didn't pull a weapon. Only reason the snake is defending Baker is solely monetary related..what a hypocrite. And people wonder why lawyers get a bad rap. Actions speak volumes

• AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

So I guess no one in this comment thread has heard of innocent until proven guilty. We really need a new civics lesson plan in this state.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I pray justice is served to all involved in wrongdoing . My sincere hope is that Baker did nothing wrong and he is exonerated.

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2020

Well, my comment didn't get deleted but it did get edited. Gotta make sure nobody (on the Left) gets offended, amirite?? Also, ArimanE, did you not see where I said ALLEGEDLY? I hope he's innocent as much as anyone else, but when the DA studies the case for 6 months and then presses charges, there's a pretty good chance he did it.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is strictly a term for the jury.

It does not apply to citizens.

Honestly, I think the main thing that folks on here are calling him guilty of is stupidity. To paraphrase what I said in my earlier post, don't go looking for trouble and trouble usually won't find you. It's worked for me all of my life.

edited August 2020

Oh no, I won't be able to sleep, eat, or function properly knowing I got a down vote 😆

• DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

It just doesn't make any sense. Don't know if he is guilty or not. But the guy is set to make millions in the NFL. Why in the world would he do such a **** thing?

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

bad decision# 1: "off-the books gambling party. Bad decision # 2: gambling with convicted felons. Bad decision #3: losing money, thinking you were cheated. Bad decision #4: going back to same individuals to recount/disputed losses/ stolen money. Bad decision#5: letting anyone know you had concealed weapon. Bad decision #6: trying to get swindled money back. Bad decision #7: bringing unreliable dudes to help. Bad decision# 8: thinking they would not extort you for thousands of dollars, for the price of not reporting the crime, even though they swindled you in the first place. Bad decision #9 Crappy Lawyer....,,,,,Bottom line----You are screwed forever, great career is over,,,,,sorry, I really was a big fan, thought you would be great in NFL for a long time

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How do you figure he's likely to lose this case? Nothings been proven. He cost himself big money when he beats the case bc its a bad look on him.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just a local DA trying to get a name, but Baker put himself in the mix for this to happen.