Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Big Ten cancels fall football season, per multiple reports

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageBig Ten cancels fall football season, per multiple reports

The Big Ten has canceled its fall football season amid controversy, its high-profile coaches lobbying to continue forward into fall drills

Read the full story here

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It has a 99.9% survival rate. Even higher than that in young healthy athletes. Much higher. The world is mad. 😐️

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The world is mad at a certain unnamed individual. Personally, I don't know what that unnamed individual could have done, aside from waving a magic wand.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

I told you so. No one wants to listen to an ethical and moral response. Too much selfishness around.

Finally some sanity. I'm SO glad at least one Power 5 conference had the balls to make the RIGHT decision. This has been a long timing coming and this decision was preordained months ago IMHO. Everyone in leadership just kept kicking that can further down the road. Well, guess what? The can hit a WALL that's been there all the time.

If Sankey doesn't have the guts to make the same decision and cancel Fall football, the optics of it for the ENTIRE SEC will look simply horrible. You can't spin it any other way honestly.

Let's move on now...

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

No matter who is in charge, some people will not take anything seriously, and will not follow proper guidelines.

I have mixed feelings whether the masks matter (my family wears ours), but I've read articles and heard from doctors who say that masks do not stop something as small as a virus, and air escapes and outside air is **** inside the mask if it is not perfectly sealed. Never mind the fact that so many don't wear them properly.

The media hyperbole has been way, way overdone, especially since the expected death rates have been nowhere near what was predicted. Furthermore, COVID deaths have been overstated based on reports that I've read (I've also heard personal stories). Considering what hospitals were paid for COVID patients, especially intubated patients this completely makes sense.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if the SEC, ACC, and BIG 12 follow through and vote to play.

Go Dawgs!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020
  • RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ah yes. The scapegoat boogeyman. Everything would be puppies and rainbows if blah blah blah....

I can understand the folks that attempt that. It really saddens me that it works and how many fall for it.