Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Way OT...best waterproofing spray for deck cushions?

pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scotchguard isn't getting it done. I've hosed down my deck chair cushions with it and still they are completely waterlogged after every rain. Need something stronger. Any suggestions?

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

UV sunlight is a killer for any type of coating.

We put them out and take them up.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson I've been using 303 products on my boat and they work well in the NW Florida weather. You might want to give the 303 fabric guard a try. Works for me but like Bank I usually take my cushions in when the weather looks inclement.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw that 303....think I might try it. I ended up buying a big L-shaped cover on Amazon yesterday.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

👍️ That reminds me of the covers I got for all my outdoor teak furniture. Kept the wood looking good but my wife had too much fun comparing me to all those old grandma's that had vinyl slip covers on their sofas. Finally got tired of taking them on & off and tossed them. Teaks gone grey but that's okay, so have I.