Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NCAA announces decision on Cade Mays' eligibility at Tennessee for 2020 season

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageNCAA announces decision on Cade Mays' eligibility at Tennessee for 2020 season

As it stands right now, Cade Mays will not be suiting up for the Tennessee Volunteers this season, as the NCAA denied his request for immediate eligibility after transferring from Georgia in January. Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said the school will appeal the decision. Mays, who is from Knoxville, Tenn.,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OMG.....this is awesome!!! UT has wasted a scholarship and is paying for Cade’s education for 4 semesters. Now Cade will likely go pro next spring since he’s eligible and is predicted to go early in the draft. This is proof that God is a BullDawg. I’m happy with this decision, but sorry for Cade because he’s “collateral damage” because of his dad’s Whimpy lawsuit and inability to work a folding chair. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The decision to transfer likely cost Mays an extra year of NFL money. I wish Mays' father would take responsibility for his actions that led to the finger/chair mishap. They will likely sue the chair manufacturer after getting ridiculous money from our beloved University.

Good luck in your future Mr. Mays and family.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where is that Phillip Fulmer with sunglasses gif?

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hahahahahahahahahha

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

there is no rhyme or reason to how the NCAA makes these decisions. I swear someone just flips a coin....Heads immediate transfer, Tails sit out a year.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

........and don’t forget, we used Cade’s scholarship to get Newman or JT. Don’t you love it when things work out that way? And don’t forget, the Vols are using their scholarship and $$$ for an ineligible player. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only thing better is Justin Fields not playing this year, either. With an ounce of patience he could’ve taken Fromm’s job last year and be coming in to start his final season as a Dawg this year.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The whole thing was an exercise in futility in the first place because the SEC was not going to allow Mays to play for UT(k) in 2020.

I guess we all now know what is meant by the Fickle Finger of Fate. At least Kevin Mays must know what it means by now.

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

He would have taken over early last year as much as Fromm struggled and how different that season may have been for us.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey, Connor, I'm curious. I recall that when Maurice Smith was granted eligibility, he was required by the SEC to complete his graduate degree at UGA within a certain period of time, which I think has now passed, or else UGA would be penalized scholarships. I've heard no follow-up, and wonder how Mr. Smith progressed. Can you or Mike Griffith report? Go Dawgs!