Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cade Mays Tennessee transfer drama, Georgia football charged with 'toxic environment'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageCade Mays Tennessee transfer drama, Georgia football charged with 'toxic environment'

Cade Mays now has one of Tennessee's top attorneys representing him and Lane Kiffin endorsing him in a battle against the NCAA and SEC

Read the full story here

Comments

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sounds like it was a mixture of all the above that made him leave.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just my opinion...I think, after Fields, that the rule is just plain silly. I think they simply need to do away with it all together.

As far as what Mays actually said......I'm not on the team....I'm not in the locker room every day...I have no idea what went on.....and that is the way it should be, what goes on in there stays in there.

The only thing I can say is that towards the end of last season, I just kinda got the feeling that there were some problems in the locker room. This is simply based on they way I seen players interact. When you get a hundred young guys together you will always have some of this. I just felt that there was more then there should have been.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Con artist, like father, like son..GoDAWGS!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of this because Cade’s dad flunked “Chair Folding 101” (twice) while at UT. Hopefully Cade will pass it (since his dad know the material well) so he can get his degree from UT. That’s the degree that VolNation paid for with a scholarship, room and board, monthly expense checks, etc for 4 semesters and didn’t get one play out of their investment.....And they had to use a valuable scholarship for 2 years. Of course we used Cade’s scholarship for Newman or JT. Go Dawgs!!!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know Cade's heart and I won't denigrate him for leaving. I wish him well.

But the only, "toxic environment" that existed at UGA for him was not created by the program, players, or coach. My guess is Cade felt the coach had it in for him after the lawsuit. He liked Cade too much...piling on the playing time and trusting him with too many interviews with the media. it was all a nefarious effort to run Cade out of Athens. /s

• DoggoneDoggone Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Entitlement Generation (and parent) written all over it. It's about the $$$. Football, yes, even CFB, is about money.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only thing toxic about the environment in Athens Ga was Kevin Mays suing for $3 million for something that happened due to his own stupidity.

The man has been sitting in folding chairs his entire life. He did it to himself.

Had Kevin Mays not gotten greedy, Cade would very likely still be at UGA. My guess, Kevin Mays asked his son to transfer as to try and help his bogus lawsuit.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've got a finger for Mays and his lawyer.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

While I don't want this kid to get away with lying about UGA (justin fields style) just so he can get his father's way and mom and dad don't have to choose where to watch ballgames on Saturdays, I almost want him to win so that we can line up against him and beat him like he was beaten so often during games for the Dawgs.

Of all the linemen on our supposed "great wall", he was the one getting beaten and pushed into the backfield more than any other. I never understood the love for him because he rarely showed he deserved it. Yes, he understood each position on the line but he was no good at any of them.

Funny he had no issues till his brother was not offered at UGA.

• JackCuppyJackCuppy Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Cade freakin Mays. Wow! Slow, soft, and played like he had a sack of cheeseburgers waiting back on the bench during every game he attended. After watching o’l Cade line up on the offensive line and attempt to block a player on the opposing team was just down right yeah ok maybe you will block him next time o’l son. After all the hogwash that has been going on with him and his papa, as a school, coach, or teammate how could you trust these people? You and pops get y’all a bag of cheeseburgers and watch some real football. Don’t sit in chairs, pops already proved chairs are for competent people to use. Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!