Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gunner Stockton: The day after the 5-star QB chose South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageGunner Stockton: The day after the 5-star QB chose South Carolina

How was South Carolina able to come in to Georgia and earn the commitment of 5-star QB Gunner Stockton? Our DawgNation team explains why.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good luck to the young man. Gonna be hard honestly for SC to keep him in the fold. Especially when big boys come swinging thru. He just knew the qb room is gonna be extra heavy at UGA next year. Can't blame the kid for wanting playing time.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Muschamp made great moves and landed his must get Qb. Now he needs to keep his job long enough to coach him. We on the other hand are not as pressed to land Gunnar. Now we can focus on MJ, and if we miss on him, we'll be ok.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck at Carolina young man..GoDAWGS!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer.......I really wanted Gunner at UGa, but wish him the very best. At least he will be playing for former Georgia players.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can't get them all. Best of luck to him.

GO DAWGS!

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

He wanted the mentor relationship and he chose Muschump????????? Guess he is ok with having a mentor who is below average in his field.......

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Mike’s father, Georgia"

Wow, Mike Bobo's father was named "Georgia"? I think you mean "George"...

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly, I don't think this warrants an article. He's a 2022 classer. We don't need to be even THINKING about QBs right now and based on Smart's history, he'll find a way to flip him at the last minute if QB need arises and Smart wants him.

But again, 2022 class. There's a reason there aren't many commits and it's not like he's even a #1 "generational" recruit anyway. He's almost into 4 star range and is in terms of the composite.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's a 2022 recruit, not 2021, so he wouldn't be in the QB room next year anyway. But I know what you mean about the potential competition he'd be facing at GA.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Making a statement like that......You don't know anything about football.....Any coach that has risen to the level of head coach in the SEC is one of the top people in his field.........

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Justin Fields committed to Penn State two years out, too. Things change -- especially the minds of star high school football players. We already have a 5-star QB coming in 2021, and we'll be in the hunt for others -- and possible even Stockton, again -- in 2022. No time to panic. Plus, like others, I think Muschamp can survive a bad 2020 because its just a crazy season, but if things are bad in 2021, too, I'm not sure he'll still be at USC in 2022.