Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jeremy Pruitt points finger at lawsuit in Cade Mays' Georgia football transfer

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageJeremy Pruitt points finger at lawsuit in Cade Mays' Georgia football transfer

Former Georgia football player Cade Mays remains in limbo, hoping a second waiver request for immediate eligibility will free him to play immediately at Tennessee this fall

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pruitt should know what a “bad environment” looks like since it is well known that he was trouble in the locker room and significantly contributed to Mark Richt’s demise. Go Dawgs!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I posted a few minutes ago regarding Pruitt being a bonified A - - H - - - based on numerous reports. I also heard from various sources about how disruptive and disrespectful he was while at UGa.....especially to Coach Richt. I decided to look at the link in this article about Pruitt and Kirby’s wife. The article is over 2 years old and in that article A.Murray comments about how terrible Pruitt was to Richt and other coaches. As I mentioned earlier......Pruitt knows a “bad environment” when he sees one. Go Dawgs!!!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Okay, admitting up front that I don't know details but have a long history w/the legal system so simply throwing out an observation. Assuming Cade's dad is a grown person and a responsible adult, since when does a grown man not know how to open and sit in a lawn chair? That's all. I'd like to read the complaint if it's available. Cade was an integral part of the UGA family and team and was growing impressively as a player. A shame this all had to happen, and if it truly is because of the lawsuit, that's even more unfortunate. Personal injury lawyers are such helpful people (sarcasm intentional).

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Pruitt, just remember common sense isn't as common as it ought to be. See Cade Mays' dad's inability to properly situate a metal folding chair.

I don't wish anyone ill, but I hope this becomes a major distraction for you and your possible recruits recognize your behavior as truly toxic for them.

Shame on you for all that you did to hurt Coach Richt.

• WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Fake news- it said Pruitt ran a 4.8 40 on the stat card.

No way!!! I’m not buying it.

• DoggoneDoggone Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a crazy, sad situation. Not knowing the details makes it difficult for it to make much sense. Accidents happen for all kinds of reasons. A 3 million dollar lawsuit (no doubt excessive due to the attorney system) seems excessive unless of course there is proof of a deliberate act on the University's part to injure this person, which would seem to be unlikely. The term "toxic" (environment) is a trendy overused adjective which I hope is not true of the football program. I can imagine that this pending lawsuit made Cade feel uncomfortable, uncomfortable enough to bail. That other players (Justin Fields, example) could transfer and not sit out a year makes it seem very unfair for Cade. But I think the that the whole transfer thing is a mistake. The University invests money and resources in each player and for them to have the freedom to just jump ship without any strings attached seems wrong to me. In this case it has been a lose-lose proposition unfortunately.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

‘Him electing to transfer’. JP most of our English teachers would consider listening to that contributing to a toxic culture

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cade and his father are victims of the Fickle Finger of Fate.

My dad lost half of his index finger while working as a Flight Line Mechanic for Lockheed due to one of his co-worker making a mistake. There was no Boohooing, "toxic environments" or lawsuits. Just my dad **** it up and going to work the next day.

Lost wages? Pain & Suffering? Give me a break!

As the story goes "what do you call 100 lawyers on the bottom of the ocean? A good start!!!!

• adawgalwaysadawgalways Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

The complaint can be seen in the court filings. The wife wants damages for alleged loss of consortium caused by the loss of part of a finger.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Frustrating for UGA too. Was counting on him BIG time this year. He had plenty of playing time and wanting to transfer to another SEC school? No thank you. Thank his money-hungry daddy. 3 mill? What a joke. He will be lucky to get 30K. If anything. He should have moved his chair an inch, dummy. Not had his hand in the way. Dummy.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone who follows UGA football knows/remembers how toxic Pruitt was when he was at Georgia. There are numerous stories about how he treated Richt. One incident is verifiable by many players when Pruitt got in Richt's face in the locker room and yelled at him. Not cool!! Another story I heard (not verified) was that Pruitt went to Richt's house one night and yelled for Richt to come out in the yard and fight him. I really think that Pruitt is not fit to be in any leadership role.

• MindthreadMindthread Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

“If there’s a lawsuit going on with your employer"...

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just saw this thread. I hope he wasn't "pointing his dad's finger", because then it would onlybe a PARTIAL story. Lol.