Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: College football needs a commissioner, his name is Greg Sankey

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: College football needs a commissioner, his name is Greg Sankey

College football has been met with unprecedented challenges amid the COVID-19 pandemic, but SEC commissioner Greg Sankey has been measured, informed and consistent throughout the process

Read the full story here

Comments

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly Griffith? Forget Corona for a minute....What you are telling us is that college football needs to be centralized with the power in one ruling body. that will supersede the NCAA..Think about that for a moment. Is this what you really want?

I don't want it. In fact I see the future of college football as highly de-centralized. In fact I will make a prediction that in 20 years, There will still be conferences but your elite powerhouse schools? They will all be independent. The main reason will be because of the money...

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike, I find myself agreeing with you more and more. I am grateful you have a voice and platform. Common Sense is invaluable during times like these. God bless.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

Good article, however, don't want to share Greg Sanky. The conferences that cancelled made their own beds and now they can go to sleep in them. We may have another crisis, we may have to pause our season, but the actions taken by Mr. Sanky are very progressive and hopeful. And, by the way, how is the 8th ranked team in the nation, led by a consensus offensive guru only laying 10.5 to Ole Miss? That's the real question that needs to be addressed.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great passion Mike and I agree with a lot of what you are saying. However I don't think more central planning is the answer. Ours is a big county and what is good for one region isn't necessarily good for another. The more teams a commissioner has to answer to, the more conservative the approach has to be. The original framers of the constitution wanted 80% of the governing coming from the state level and only 20% at the federal. Obviously that has been tilted on its head in the years since, but I firmly believe in local control.

I think Greg Sankey has done an excellent job slow playing his decision to suit our conference and bringing a couple of friends along. The B1G and Pac 12 have sunk their own ship and their programs will continue their slide into mediocrity. Sorry to see proud program like Ohio St, Mich and Mich St. get **** down with them, but those are the breaks.