Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Social media reacts: Tennessee-Georgia football animosity builds over Cade Mays' transfer eligibilit

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageSocial media reacts: Tennessee-Georgia football animosity builds over Cade Mays' transfer eligibility

ATHENS — The Cade Mays’  NCAA appeals case is fascinating on several fronts, and it has certainly captivated the Georgia and Tennessee fan bases. It’s not often a two-year starter in the prime of his career on the brink of multi-million dollar draft status asks to transfer out of a national championship contending

Read the full story here

Comments

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

This really has nothing to do with Mays.....and when Georgia plays Tennessee, I doubt any of the players will be thinking about that...I'm of the opinion that, after Fields, that everyone should be allowed to transfer.

Personally I think the Mays originally wanted to play at Tennessee however he simply would not play for Butch Jones. I also believe that had Mays have known that he would have to sit out a year then he would not have transferred.

My own personal view of the matter is that everyone should sit out a year. The only exemption would be if the school stopped playing football. I can actually see kids playing for for three or four different schools

• mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

As a Bulldawg fan I have no problem with Mays playing this year, keep in mind he is still a kid. This no more than a (pixxing) contest between adults, with Cade Mays caught in the middle. Dawg fans take the high road, point the finger at the adults not the kid.

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not our ****. Not our circus.

• LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Look, why is everyone coming down on UGA? It's the NCAA and SEC denying Mays to play this year. Get mad at the system....not the school and team mates he quit on!! Expecting Kirby to write letters for a 5 star STARTER to go to your rival and play right away is just ridculous....CKS is way to competitive for that crap..Saban wouldnt do it either. Neither would Pruitt...he's nothing more than a politician pretending to be a football coach, he'll say whatever will result in a gain for him, no matter the capacity it helps him in. Dont believe me? Just watch. Mays wont play unless the NCAA and SEC allow it...period.

GO DAWGS!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is hysterical. Do you think Congressman Burchett or the 10,000 plus petition signing fans would be supporting this move if it was reversed......like Cade transferring to UGa from UT? What if Several decades ago Peyton Manning wanted to transfer to UGa to be closer to his family in Louisiana? These are all self-serving fans who are biased and will sell their souls for a winning season. Go Dawgs!!!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t think Georgia has anything to do with him sitting out. NCAA and SEC rules state a player has to sit one year. Period. Kirby lets players go where they want. If you think Georgia is behind him being denied and sitting out, you’re delusional. There are a lot of things wrong with NCAA rules, but until they are changed, they should be followed.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As a UGA fan and a fan of SEC football, I could not care less if Mays is or isn't granted immediate eligibility. However, the rule to not allow players to transfer to another SEC school without sitting out a season makes sense.

It's not like Mays playing is going add a single W to their record this year. And, UGA is going to stomp Tennessee no matter who is on the field for them!

Go Dawgs.

• joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

Mays likely will win his appeal. The NCAA has a history of running, like roaches from light, in high profile cases. Too much exposure on their questionable regulations & haphazard enforcement.

• DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

Much ado about nothing, Tennessee & UGA actually have no say so in the matter. It is entirely up to the NCAA and if they say yes then it goes to the SEC. The SEC won't approve it so it is moot.

• georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember reading on the Vols message boards that they hoped Cade tore his ACL for Georgia. That was how much some of them hated that he went to Georgia. All that really matters to Georgia is the Dawgs will whip the needy babies greedy babies on our football field this year with or without Cade. Let him play!

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Time out. It is Mays who made the decision to leave TN and flip to the Dawgs, It is Mays who made the decision transfer back to TN. All of this was from his volition. Reasons are being batted around but right now, it's all in his court. Not our circus animal. Not our circus.

• Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

We all know cade didn't wanna leave uga. It is his dad with a ut diploma that couldn't figure out how to close a folding chair lmao. So ut signed his brother to get cade back up there. Just a thought wouldnt that be a recruiting violation

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did you really need another reason to hate UT? Go Dawgs!

• jmr8046jmr8046 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Bout time we got another article on the important news!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020