Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia football OC Todd Monken shares concepts, QB priorities

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Georgia football OC Todd Monken shares concepts, QB priorities

Georgia football OC Todd Monken shared his version of explosive plays, how frequent the Bulldogs need to get them, and how he evaluates the quarterbacks and their top priorities

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like what I'm hearing from Monken as the OC.

Sounds like the QB's and receivers have promise. I know they'll be challenged to the max in practice.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Poor Monken's voice is totally shot. It hurts to listen to him. Seriously, he is going to do damage to his vocal chords. Someone from the music department needs to give him some voice lessons to teach him how to speak loudly without screaming his head off. Other than that, I though his comments were very much coach speak. He obviously isn't going to tell us how his offense is going to look yet. It doesn't sound like he even knows at this point because they haven't had enough practices yet.

I thought he really perked up when talking about the offensive line, at one point saying it was one of the best he had every been around.

Based upon what he said about his most important attributes in a QB - accuracy, mental toughness and athleticism, it sounds like Newman is the odds on favorite to start the season. He said that Newman was a better passer than he expected him to be and the fact that he is older and more experienced, I don't see another one of our QB's unseating him.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Screaming at players while wearing a mask because of Covid is going to strain your vocal cords.