Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Shooters

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t really think $600 is an increase. I have C3 Defense billet lowers that cost me $130 ea the week of Sandy Hook. I bought 10 and have 4 left. Sold 4 of them a few days later for $250 a piece. LOL.

The two builds I’ve done used PSA trigger groups. I bought one Bravo Company upper and a PSA upper. The PSA upper is lower quality and less expensive. $250 or so. I think the trigger group was $75, but may have been $55. It was 2011. I forget if the upper included the bolt, but then you add a stock, sling, and necessary accessories and you are easily over $600. That’s just what it costs. There may be a supply issue right now, with the way everyone feels panicked. Either way, I wouldn’t have sold mine for much less than $800 w/o optics - BEFORE this stuff.

If you don’t have ammo or access to ammo - why bother?

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"If you don’t have ammo or access to ammo - why bother?"

Bullseye.

• Options
    roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah exactly. 556 is hard to find and expensive right now.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everywhere is completely out of ammo right now. Good thing I’ve got some ammo.

I think everyone is worried about what will happen after the election, things could get out of hand. I won’t go out looking for any sort of trouble and I’ll stay right at my house with my firearms.

• Options
    edited August 2020

The Korean business community did the same thing in LA during the Rodney King riots.

I think these guys were standing in front of businesses to protect them. There were other armed people on rooftops, too. It was more than a dozen. There were quite a few people working together who were armed. The videos leading up to the shootings show the protestors engaging the militia members, wanting to know why they were there. I don’t know what they were told but it was probably along the lines of “to keep people from burning down this town.”

Did you see the video of the guy who is dead getting in their faces prior to being shot? He was yelling at them, “Shoot me n-words” to the militia and was very aggressive. Then you see him chasing a guy who has a gun, trying to retreat.

I’m sure the cops will identify the shooter. If he is charged, I’ll wager the GoFundMe for his defense will raise any amount of money requested within 72 hours. People are over this stuff.

Yet again - if you struggle with the police, refuse their requests to comply, are then able to walk thru a series of tasers, and then reach your hands down in to a dark area of a vehicle the police cannot see - BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN. This is true if you are White, Black, Brown, Orange, or Green.

I don’t know that is exactly what happened, but it sure looks like it from the two videos I’ve seen of the original shooting. I can’t help but think a choke hold while the guy was on the ground might have prevented the shooting, but that’s too dangerous, right?

EDIT: Two dead in Kenosha. Police are still trying to determine the deceased identities and city of residence. New video shows one of the now deceased throw a Molotov cocktail at the person who then shot him.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Maybe follow some legit news for a change @YaleDawg Not interested in a keyboard spat.

• Options
    Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I tend not to tell people how much ammo I have , I find it makes them uncomfortable”

I roll my own🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a Sig Sauer watch....sorry it's Tag Heuer never mind off topic. But I know y'all got my back. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    MadscottMadscott Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yes, they did. I own 2 Glocks, a 19 and a 43x. Both nice weapons, but I like my Sigs better. That’s why I owned multiple P220, P227s ,P320s, P365. They were all great until I lost them all in a boating accident.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn’t like my glock 26... bulky for a compact imho. Traded it for a Sig p320. A little bigger, but fits my hand like a glove.

my favorite CC is my M&P shield but typically carry my Ruger .380 for easier concealment.

looking for a belly holster for better concealment since I tuck my shirt in a lot. Any suggestions?

• Options

For which? I’d carry the 380 in my pocket in a Desantis Nemesis. Never have found a comfortable IWB holster for something the size of the M&P. Interested in others suggestions on that, too.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Test

Fail.

The liberal moderator, Kasey, has restricted my account so that my comments don’t return the thread to the top of the page.

Why? Because I said HW gave a good speech the other night, without mentioning a word about politics. We all know that goes against Kasey’s politics. These guys are out of control and @JeffSentell doesn’t seem to care one bit.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Maybe today’s climate isn’t that bad after all! At this rate she has given full permission to get after it. Already tested the waters on a few related items under the same umbrella

• Options
    GatorHaterGatorHater Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
  • Options
    dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have a pretty large collection but far and away my favorite gun on planet earth is my daily carry. A plain jane cz75 sp01 tactical. Its a large gun but I'm a large dude and the first mag I ran through it at the range I've never carried another gun since. It isn't necessarily a more accurate gun than a lot of good ones out there, but I am more accurate with it than anything. It just feels so smooth.