Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Preseason numbers: Is Urban Meyer holding a grudge against Georgia?

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imagePreseason numbers: Is Urban Meyer holding a grudge against Georgia?

Georgia football received from curious rankings from the Fox College Football team, headed by former Florida and Ohio State coach Urban Meyer

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meyer, who coached the Gators from 2005-2010, went so far a to pick the Gators as his No. 1 team ahead of Alabama and Georgia.

It's one thing to look at the schedules and conclude that Florida has an easier path. Especially with Ga having the hardest 5 game stretch of any SEC team with Auburn, Tennessee, @ Alabama, Kentucky and Florida (Jacksonville) all back to back.

Yes, the SEC schedule makers did the Gators a big huge favor by frontloading Ga's schedule with all of it's toughest teams coming early on in the schedule coinciding with a transition year of a new QB and also a new offense. If anybody wants to believe this advantage is enough to help Dan Mullen finally get over the Kirby Smart hump then I understand the logic.

But it won't be enough. Georgia still wins the East.

It's quite another to think Florida will overcome both Georgia and also Alabama in 2020. Delusional...

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Predictions coming from a clown are as credible as preseason polls..

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah I could give 2 cares less what Urban Meyer thinks. He's a scum bag. He was trash at Florida and trash at THE OCRYO STATE. Meyer needs to go back to making up excuses why he needs to stop doing something. He gets his prediction wrong about Florida, he'll come up with another excuse and step down from reporting.

The biggest thing I take from this is Reggie bush's polls. Guarantee ol meyer didn't like that, lol.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was one one H E L L of a end zone celebration.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laughing....No....I think Meyer has better things to do then hold a 15 year old grudge...at the time I have no doubt that this seriously POed him.....One thing that you don't hear about much is that he never lost to Georgia again

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who cares about polls. What did CKS say ? Something about "our pads?"

• Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's hilarious that national polls have UGA at #4 behind Ohio St. who isn't even playing this year. I don't see anyone that has Florida ahead of UGA in the national polls, yet they pick them over UGA in the SEC. Makes zero sense. The bottom line is we don't know how the Dawgs will be this year. New OC, new QB, half the OL gone. The D will probably be the best in the nation. Preseason polls mean NOTHING.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most all of the ex players and coaches turned "pundits" are college graduates. In addition, most of the ex coaches spent time at numerous colleges throughout their coaching careers. They (we) are all biased by their loyalty to "their" school. The only accurate talking points for the current crop of players is how loud they "talk with their helmets." Pretty sure UGA is in the top three in that regard.

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just someone's opinion. There's no crystal balls.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How do you rank a team Number One when they will not even play this fall?

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

4 in a row coming for Florida, they dont have the man power to beat Georgia

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pre-season "love" has never been a good thing for Georgia in the years gone by. Let their be as many doubters as the sports news media can put forth for 2020, that seems to work much better. All of this stuff is just the "talking-heads" season of college football prognostication anyway. Who really cares, and what all does it really matter, either good, or bad???? GO DAWGS!!!

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't put much stock in what any of these guys say. This season, if we have it, you can throw out any past norms. I for one, feel more optimistic about UGA's offense with a change in scheme, new OC and new QB (or Qb's) than if Jake Fromm came back and Kirby stuck with the same thing as last year. Not bashing Fromm, but he was a statue and a streaky player. I'm excited to see a high octane O with a mobile QB to go along with fantastic defense. I'm glad Kirby is willing to evolve.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2020