Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia quarterback competition sense of urgency after Scrimmage One, Jamie Newman leader

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia quarterback competition sense of urgency after Scrimmage One, Jamie Newman leader

Georgia transfer Jamie Newman holds the edge in the Bulldogs' quarterback competition over JT Daniels, though Kirby Smart indicated there's not enough separation to name a starter

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Which QB checks off the following boxes:

Healthy, Cleared to Play, Has Started D1, Is on the Heisman Watch List?

Unless he is injured, there is a 100% certainty Newman is our guy on day one.

September 26th cannot get here fast enough for a fan but it sounds like our coaches and players could use a few more days. I just pray they are ready for the game against those hated gators. I could accept a loss if we play well but losing to that particular team simply because we are still breaking in a new QB and/or new offensive scheme will be a difficult pill to swallow.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, we have Arkansas and then 3 straight Top 10 teams. We had better get it together quickly...

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In the AP Poll, Auburn is ranked 11th, Tennessee is 25th, and Alabama is 3rd. If you remove all of the teams who aren't playing this year, then Auburn would be 8th, Tennessee would be 16th, and Alabama 2nd.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, it's going to be Newman..unless he is injured? Coach Smart was his usual understated self. I get it. He is closed-mouthed to any outside entities. That is his style. OL running over the #2 DL is interesting. Zamir White....expected. The backs had explosive plays...encouraging. Cannot really comment much off this report.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kearis, Matt, D-Rob and George are the top 4 receivers. Sounds like a solid group! I hope Landers can make some catches this year, he has a lot of potential. Is it just me, or does it look like Kirby has lost some weight? He certainly looks slimmer than it that beach video that was posted earlier this summer.

Sounds like the competition on the O-line is a great situation. I think this years line play has the potential to be better than last years, even with the loss of some top players.