Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mixed opinions on if Jake Fromm survives today's cuts with NFL's Buffalo Bills

SystemSystem Posts: 10,651 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageMixed opinions on if Jake Fromm survives today's cuts with NFL's Buffalo Bills

There’s mixed opinions on whether or not former UGA quarterback Jake Fromm will make the 53-man roster of the Buffalo Bills. Fromm’s immediate future will be known by 4 p.m. Saturday, as that’s the deadline for the league’s annual “cut day.” Fromm bypassed his senior season at Georgia to declare early for the NFL

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hopefully, if he is cut, another team will pick him up.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know he was doing what he thought was best for him, but he should have stayed at Georgia. He obviously got some bad draft info or there’s a story we don’t know about, just like I think there’s more to Newman opting out than we know. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia has had way too many kids leave early for the draft who either don't get drafted, or get drafted late and washout of the NFL without ever making a team. Trenton Thompson, Elijah Holifield and Isaac Nauta come to mind. Now apparently Jake Fromm is going to be added to that list. All of these guys were DGD's, and all would have benefited from staying their senior years, as would have UGA football.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2020

I think he'll make it....he'll sit on the bench for about three years then get cut......If he is smart, He will get the best speech/acting coach that he can and start preparing for a career at ESPN. I have to be honest here, I'm glad he did not stay

• Options

Also, if he does not make it.....Taxi squad? Laughing....That's not Fromm's style

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

David,

I said that more than a few times early this year or end of last year. Jake was over-rated as an NFL type of QB and there is a difference. See Danny Weurfel or Tebow. Those guys delivered in college but the NFL is a different beast. Jake should be here leading us to a NC ut even that is a stretch, I just don't see Jake's lack of mobility working in a Monken offense. He probably didn't either, hence why he opted out.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2020

No way Fromm should have started over Fields in 2018? You mean the QB who had made it to the national championship game a season earlier? The quarterback who might have been part of a natty-winning team if things had gone slightly differently? That take makes absolutely no sense.

I think Fields' success at OSU is in part due to the development he got at UGA. I doubt he would have done much better his freshman year at Ohio State than he did that UGA. Could we have done more to keep him on the team? Perhaps, but lots of quarterbacks are jumping to new teams in search of playing time. I don't think it's a knock on Georgia that he left.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Buffalo coach took him on his UGA winning record. He also liked Fromm's leadership skills and ability to read the defenses...as I recall back then. The NFL is not UGA. He did not fair well on the field. Fromm may find himself shuffling out on "out day." I agree with the Buff reporter: at best he narrowly makes the team.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm thinking Canadian League for him. Do well there then get back to NFL.

• Options

Thank god you're not the one making decisions about coaching hires/fires. In four seasons as a head coach, Kirby went 8-5 (with three losses by a total of 5 points) in his first year, and then finished number 2, number 7 and then number 4 in final rankings. The influx of talent into the program since 2016 is unparalleled in the history of Georgia Football. Who in the hell would you replace him with? You're a genuine moron to think that Kirby is preventing us from winning the national championship. Kirby has had us closer to winning it than any coach since Dooley in 1982! Kirby getting fired in a couple years for not winning a Natty? You're freaking delusional.

• Options

I guess getting called out for personally insulting another poster on this board is something that only happen to me and a few other people. If I had made that comment it would have quickly been removed and I would have been threatened with being kicked off the board

• Options

Oh, please. But on your big boy pants. "Mama, this guy on the internet hurt my feelings."

• Options

I'm not the one here getting angry and calling people names....However I can see from that comment that it really upset you to get called out on this....

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

The person or people that advised him to leave early really messed up. Getting cut might be the best thing for him if he can get signed by another team. His chances to see the field in Buffalo were pretty slim even if he set the world on fire in practice and preseason games. The lack of preseason games also hurt him. I wish Jake well and hope he finishes getting his degree from UGA for his life outside of football.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm won't develop on Buffalo's practice squad. To do that, he will need a top-level QB (Brady, Brees, etc.) to learn from. I was hoping to see Tampa Bay take him since he'd get to see the game preparation from an all-timer's perspective. Good luck, Jake. DGD! Go Dawgs!