Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Golf

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Describe your golf game.

Golf 47 votes

I don't play
12%
JGoodmantfk_fanboyinsertusernamehereJRT812brady01donmedeiros 6 votes
I'm terrible
23%
christopherulespgjacksonlaw_dawg35allywAnotherDawgGrayDawgLowcountryDawg21ChimRicholdsCarsonD98DvilleDawgTyDollaz 11 votes
I'm pretty good
12%
chattdawgBoroDawgAndersonDawglopodawgHunkerDown1MoreTimeDuckDawg25 6 votes
I'm Tiger before he started with the painkillers!
2%
Denmen185 1 vote
I'm ok till the 4th beer kicks in.
21%
nickcreighton5mattmd2BiffLowmanBrianDawgsanforddawgYaleDawgdgd829razorachillesBangersOdin 10 votes
I wouldn't play with anyone wearing UT orange and +25 handicap
27%
amjadawgsGAFANINTNrwdennisjarred_buckDipDawgJimWallaceTNDawg71Cclark91TurkDawgJcox1024Copedawg16bordersdawgKdubb0211 13 votes

Comments

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Outstanding choices - lol...was very tempted to go with no UT/+25 hcp in unity with CKS. Don't know the context in terms of where/when/which audience Pruitt made his comment but gotta think the creamsicles' visit next month just got that much more painful.

re: my actual vote - that window when the first couple of beers kick in and the rails fall off is what saves my scorecard most rounds...holes 7-12 is where the magic happens

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No magic 1-18.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was a +3 handicap (better than 0) before a back issue, the yips and life kind of took my passion for the game away. I stopped playing 7 years ago. I can't enjoy not playing at a high level and don't have the time to practice enough. I miss the camaraderie and competition, I get some of that back coaching and reffing soccer.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my twenties I'd play two rounds a day. Haven't played a round in over ten years. I could still smoke JP, though.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I'm terrible

I've only played in 2 tournaments that were more goofing off than actually playing. Still, I was awful. Got better when the rum and coke kicked in. Either I got better or I didn't care how bad I actually was anymore.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I'm terrible

I never cared for golf until I played in those tournaments. I couldn't figure out what my husband found so fascinating with it. After playing, I get it now. It is an extremely fun sport to play. As long as you don't take it so so seriously.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was never a plus 3 (heck.....VERY few are) but I was a 2 at one time......before giving it up because of being a dad, working, coaching and 7am saturday morning soccer games ( don't miss that)

Aftet not playing for about 10 years......recently started playing again.....at least occasionally.....and I love it. The only practice I get is the warm up before I play.

It's amazing how much the body remembers.....I went out with my son a few weeks ago (he is just learning the game) and I shoot 46/31....had as much fun shooting the 46 on the front as I did the 31 on the back.....(not really....the 31 was special).....but still enjoyed shooting a 46.

Hopefully you'll start back and just keep in perspective and enjoy yourself.

I would like to, once I'm fully an empty nester it might be easier. Ice Hockey is the one thing I've ever done that I could **** at and still enjoy.

Definitely easier as an empty nester.

As a one time plus 3.....you'll never **** at golf....you'll probably never be a plus 3 again....a little perspective and you'll enjoy it.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I'm Tiger before he started with the painkillers!

My surname is Wood and my golf name was Elephant!

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got as low as a 4 handicap, but played A LOT to get there. But as some have said it’s kinda like riding a bike. The only BIG difference is when you once could consistently drive the ball over 300 yds, as you get older you’re more like, “Did I break 225 yds with my drive?” And, boy, the day after that first round (when you haven’t played in a year or so), if your inside groin isn’t sore, you’re not doing it right!

Then the old adage in golf and it is true: If you know what you’re doing, “Practice makes perfect.” But, if you’re doing it wrong “Practice makes permanent” and that is VERY hard to correct!

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not good but not terrible either. Never had a hole-in-one but did once hole out a 7-iron from 130 yards on the #2 handicap hole. That was pretty fun.

Funny story about bad golfers. I was playing in a captain’s choice event as a guest of a construction company a few years ago. On a PAR-3 hole the foursome in front of us not only didn’t hit the green, but they were all hunting around in the woods behind the green to find a ball to play their second shot. Needless to say they weren’t the winners.

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I don't play

Never tried it.. too afraid I would like it and I already have too many other hobbies. Have been to a driving range once where I learned there's a lot more to it than just hitting a ball!

Heroin is cheaper and Less addictive

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I don't play

How do you know thats not already one of my other hobbies?

• OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Picked the four beer one. I actually think I get better after #4. Goes for darts and pool too.

You aren’t a Vol