Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC NOW

DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I usually don't watch SEC NOW because five minutes in I'm saying ughhh. Well this morning there was nothing else to watch so I flipped to watch. Sure enough 5 minutes in I said ughhhh. And it was from our own DJ Shockley.

Comments

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We didn't beat Bama because we didn't contain the qb in the second half. A conservative offense in the 2nd half of each of those games didn't help either. Outside of the faithful, Coach Smart is perceived as incomplete. The media focuses on negatives, controversy and discord. With Coach Smart's demeanor, the media senses his disdain and just don't wanna throw him any bouquets. I'm fine "getting comfortable with being uncomfortable." Looking forward to a lot of guys in Red and Black "talking with their helmets." GO DAWGS!

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am Kirby's biggest fan, but the criticism is warranted until he finishes the job. Conservative play calling lost us two games vs Bama. Going with Fromm over Fields was a gigantic mistake. Not allowing the big dawgs to eat on defense and playing gap integrity is a mistake IMO. Just look at the Korey Foreman situation. There is absolutely no excuse anymore to not win a championship. If Justin Fields were our QB this year, I guarantee you that we'd be penciled into the CFBP. Alas, we still have question marks at that position and the pundits don't trust us. And, it is all warranted.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with it being warranted for sure. We haven't broken through yet, plus there are questions at QB and OL. Those are 2 things that can kill a team. I believe we can get there, but let's face it there's no reason for anyone to pick us over OSU.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I totally understand what everybody is saying and I agree with it but when you turn on an SEC show and have to listen to them pump sunshine on every program in the SEC, Florida mostly, and then crap on Georgia, it gets old.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA still has to "break through." OSU or no OSU! It doesn't matter. You can win a natty with no OSU and you will have won but are you the best out there overall? You need to take on the big schools and WIN! That's a natty! IMO.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess we're looking forward to more and more controversies surrounding the entry of the Big Ten's 8 game schedule into the CFP mix. More analysts will pick everyone but Georgia. Get a bigger bulletin board. With video clips.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You cannot treat an 8-games schedule the same as a 10-game. Come on. To this old UGA Dawg, things are becoming ridiculous. UGA will prove its ranking come January....#1. Coach Smart and his well-trained Dawgs will get the job done! Enough chatter.....RESULTS! GO DAWGS!!!

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All Okay. Rat Poison this early in the season can be deadly.

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

OSU has a great team but they have to play the games to prove it. Only 8 is going to handicap them. If we lose only one game this season I don’t think OSU should be ranked ahead of us for the CFB, even if they are undefeated.

• DawgGirl96DawgGirl96 Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unfortunately, Clemson and OSU have the easiest paths to the CFP by far. If you plugged UGA into either of their schedules we'd get the preseason nod too. Frustrating (esp Clemson and their yearly pee wee schedule) but nothing we can do about it except win on the field.

Agree with Tex...every year we've been hyped in preseason we haven't lived up to expectations. So let someone else get all the praise early.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only media that matters is January's.

It's grand for Florida to be getting some love from the press.

Bless their hearts.