Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

one way to celebrate Game Week # 1

donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll try to tie in the National Day post each day leading up to the opener on Saturday. It may be hard, but I'll do what I can.

Today was easy. I love pecan cookies and it's:

NATIONAL PECAN COOKIE DAY

Each year on September 21st, people across the United States celebrate National Pecan Cookie Day.

This delicious cookie can be eaten and enjoyed morning, noon and night. If you’re a pecan snacker, another pecan related celebration is National Pecan Day on April 14.

Pecan is an Algonquian word, meaning “a nut requiring a stone to crack.” A member of the hickory family, the pecan is native to central and southern United States.

One of the best ways to enjoy the celebration is by having freshly baked pecan cookies straight from the oven. Add a cold glass of milk to wash it down, and you’ll have found near perfection. Joining a friend while savoring the buttery goodness is even better. The variety of recipes for soft or firm cookies astounds most bakers. The toasted nuts and sugary sweetness melts in your mouth, keeping you coming back for more. They delight, and when stored properly, they stay fresh, too. But pecan cookies won’t last long when they’re baked right.

Gather up the ingredients for your favorite recipe. Whether soft and chewy or the dunking kind, bake up a batch for Pecan Cookie Day.

Don’t have Pecan Cookie recipe? Try one of these:

Doris’ Pecan Powdered Sugar Drops

Butter Pecan Cookies

Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

I'd love to eat a pecan cookie for each point the Dawgs score on Saturday. Have to make a big batch up just in case....if some of you are correct in your predictions, my blood sugar will take a beating.

Comments