Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

D'Wan 'The Miracle' Mathis, a Georgia football comeback story like no other

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageD'Wan 'The Miracle' Mathis, a Georgia football comeback story like no other

Georgia football quarterback D'Wan Mathis appears in line to play at Arkansas if not start just 16 months after undergoing emergency brain surgery

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad we have D'wan on the team.

I think it's going to take 2 QB's to make it through this season.

We may or may not have an all SEC candidate at the QB position for 2020, but I think we will have 2-3 capable options at the position, and that may prove to actually be more valuable before it's all said and done.

Can't wait until Saturday!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A true warrior, looking forward to watching Mr. Mathis on the field this season..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was at G-Day 2019, and I felt like he was special during that game. His TD catch was awesome to see the versatility.

I hope Fromm taught him some things on the field...if he can put that together with his physical attributes, he'll definitely be special!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA team is grateful you did not leave as contemplated before the last Mizzou game....it must have been very difficult being mostly on the outside looking in...BUT..now "Miracle Mathis"...you are on the inside and about to start a game for the best team in the SEC..IMO.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What controversy in the fan base over Mathis at QB. I believe he is the best option right now bar none. Daniels is still wearing a knee brace and hasn't yet been cleared to play.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Praise the Lord for your recovery and health. I’m pulling for you to get the starting job, D’Wan!! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    dawg4lyfedawg4lyfe Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Wish absolutely nothing but the best for D'Wan! He will forever be a DGD! Good luck to him and our Dawgs this (terrible) year!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll won't be sold on Mathis until I see him shake off some tackles...he is so skinny it looks like a strong breeze will knock him down

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

doesn't look any skinnier than Trevor Lawrence did his freshman season

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mathis is a D A M N Good Dawg!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate