Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart: Georgia football needs work after 37-10 win over Arkansas

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Georgia football needs work after 37-10 win over Arkansas

Georgia football could not have played much worse than it did in the first half at Arkansas, and the Bulldogs still pulled out a 37-10 win

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What could Kirby say.....except we need more work as a team....108 yds in penalties??? Hear Kirby: “We’re not going to beat many football teams playing like we played,” Smart said, proud of his team’s effort but dismayed by the slow start in the No. 4-ranked Bulldogs’ 37-10 road win at Arkansas." Kirby is spot on...you will be fortunate to beat nearly any team the way they played first half. But, I feel things will improve as the season deepens. QB still is the problem. And penalties. Right these two immediate challenges and UGA may again become an SEC tour de force. Bennett proved that it is the QB that generally controls the game. He knew what to do and executed! Well done Stetson!

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

why did J.T Daniels travel with the team and dress out, if he couldn't play? Seems a waste of a spot when you are only allowed 70 players for a road game.

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby should have been calling Jamie Newman at halftime and begging him to opt-in. I feel bad for Mathis as the O-line let him down big time. Trey Hill should moved be moved immediately to Guard and never see the center position unless Owen get injured.

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

@VenomGA , part of me thinks CKS was never worried about winning this game and played D'Wan and Stetson all the while saving JT for Auburn and not showing them how he operates...why else would JT travel and suit up and not play.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here's the thing guys......Bennett played well against a bad team......However the fact is, that even if Bennett plays the best he can, the Dawgs will not make the playoffs with him as QB, We need Daniels to come in and step up....if he is out then we are in trouble.....Just a word here, Mathis looked about as bad as it gets......The question I have: "Kirby could not see how bad this guy is?"

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

It continues to mystify me why the oline can get no push. It was true last year (which was somewhat masked because we had the greatness of Swift) and it was true in this game. What is the point of elite olinemen if they can't cleave a clean hole?????

• DawginTNDawginTN Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Why do we think athletes have to have the right hand size, height, stars, etc to be able to play football??? Someone posted that Bennett did "good" against a "bad" team, but we needed Daniels... I've seen great players that started with little hype. I guess hype sells and helps us "believe" it's a better thing. If Bennett can help us win, then play Bennett. He nearly had the same stats as Nix, Franks, and Jones (all highly recruited guys) playing half the time as them. What an awesome story... Qbs = tall 4star, 5star, 5star, short walk-on. Walk-on wins! #believerinbennett #underdawg #championship #keepyourchinupbennettsomeofusbelieve

• DawginTNDawginTN Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    edited September 2020

I have been a Bennett fan since he arrived at Georgia the first time. I had a UT fan ask me who I would like to win the job at the end of last year, and I said, "Bennett!" He said, "Who???" I went back and watched his highlights from high school and the dude can play. When comfortable he has always been a really accurate passer, has a good arm, can move, smart, and won the respect of the team when our #1 defense couldn't stop him when on the scout team (and that's with much less talent and weapons around him). Give him a chance! #keeptheballinbennettshands

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched most of the FLorida game, enough to see that they have a well oiled machine on Offense. THE D doesn't look as stout this year but there is no denying they have a 1st round QB and a 1st round TE in Pitts. We need to find an offense, like yesterday. We will need to score 37 to beat Florida this year.

• OfRayRayOfRayRay Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I think our offense is much much better than we know. JT was dressed and on the sideline to see first hand how fast the SEC is, in real time, because the QB1 job is his. Monken’s offense needs a QB with a pocket first mentality and given what Stetson did with the keys to the car, I can only think JT will have the O on fire. That being said, I do think Bennet deserves to be QB1 this week. I’m not sure about Mathis, yet. Against a beaten down D, he only managed a field goal drive? I know Pittman wouldn’t have been too upset if Kirby let the kid have a TD, even if it meant running up the score four more. I don’t think he’s ready, yet.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I too watched the Florida game...I think you and I watched different games...

1. that OL is not good.
    2. their defensive backfield and linebackers are not great.
    3. Pitts is almost surely a 1st round pick. Trask is not.
    4. That Ole Miss D couldn't stop a nosebleed yesterday. Poor tackling and no one to shadow Pitts.
  • tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This team is going to cause more bleeding ulcers than constant use of Advil.