Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers from season-opening win against Arkansas

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers from season-opening win against Arkansas

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers from 37-10 win over Arkansas Winner: Stetson Bennett For all the talk and

Read the full story here

Comments

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blocked Kick: there is more than one number three on the team.

not sure Mr. Campbell blocked that punt

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

I have heard Mr. White’s name also. Please confirm who blocked the punt

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, excellent job by Camarda! Even the one punt that went into the endzone wound up hitting right around the 5 yard line. He'd hit one that went to the 5, the Dawgs were penalized and moved back and his next went to the 7. Congrats!

• USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I here ya, but I don't necessarily agree with ya. We, collectively, have no idea how Mathis performed in practice. Only the team and the coaches know that. I saw a young man with a huge upside, playing his first college football game that has to get adjusted to the game. I hope he can get it figured out. If not, then next man up.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winner: Scott Cochran.

According to many Alabama fans Cochran hadn't had any on the field coaching experience, and he won't be any good. He doesn't know what he's doing. After all, that's why Saban turned down his wish to become an on the field coach. Saban knows best!

I told you Cochran would be a great Special Teams coach.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

“The unit had just five points going into the third quarter.”

Yeah, the UGA offense did a great job causing that Arkansas turnover that led to a safety.

I’d say the offensive unit had THREE points going into the third quarter, but that’s just me.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone notice how CKS down played what Bennet did and minimized how bad Mathis was by blaming it on the Offense? Some of that is expected as far as covering for Mathis, but the other concerning Bennet is he made CKS look like a complete fool for starting Dwan instead of Stetson. I expect more out of CKS in terms of knowing what he has in his QBS.

He made some **** statement after Fields left that Fields didn't show him that much or something to that effect. Again covering his patoot. Fields will be the 2nd QB taken in the draft next year and he didn't "show you that much"? Seriously? CKS if you can't properly assess the best QB how are we to win the Natty? Get someone who can.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm really liking this year's version of Zamir White: No, we can't just hand the ball off to him and let him run between the tackles. Yet.

But cutting it outside, delivering devestating blocks in pass pro, and blocking punts. Are you kidding me? What can't this young man do?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was all about Stetson starting against Auburn....but...knowing Kirby, if Daniels is "healthy" and cleared to play, I would not put it past him to start Daniels. Auburn is a formidable foe at #8. Not a cellar team like Arkansas. Daniels and Stet play a similar style...Monken-like. Just thinking out loud here. I think Daniels has a more accurate long ball. He will not float it. Much bigger physically as well.

Scott Cochran also a hero with his special teams....Camarda is a phenomenal punter. Kenny McIntosh reeled off a couple great return sprints as well. Jack Podlensy nailed all his field goals and extra pts.

Auburn awaits....... GO DAWGS!!!

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like D'wan and I think the kid really has the tools to be great but you make a point about if you were his dad but think about what D'wan is thinking. That young man must be incredibly tentative about everything he does. Sure, the medically fixed his noggin but what about what is inside? You gotta be nervous after going through what he did. And he looked really off balanced to me. Not unskilled, just uncomfortable. And that sideline shot did not help.

I really want him to be a great story but it takes a lot to get back out there. I personally had multiple concussions playing ball, including 2 grade 3, and was told I was done. I cannot imagine what D'wan has gone through and the "foot"balls it takes to go back at it.

• jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Bennett should start. He's cool under pressure and he may not can make the 60+ throw but neither could Fromm. Plus he can run and Fromm couldn't. He's cool under pressure and you saw him throwing those 20-yd darts with precision.

• vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

The game I watched looked like one team showed up ready to run through a brick wall for their coach, while we showed up looking at this game as a warm up for the rest of the year. It was embarrassing to watch at times in the first half. I hope Kirby and his staff can get the offense figured out this week.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm OK with all of these except the part where you say Georgia is a Loser in the category of Teams with College Football Playoff aspirations? How do you figure that? The best record we could have at this point in the season is 1-0. We are 1-0, the same as Alabama, Auburn, Florida, MSU, Tenn and Texas A&M. We still have as much of a chance of winning the SEC (and a spot in the CFP) as any of those other 1-0 teams. Nothing says you have to win pretty or win by a lot. As Al Davis famously said, "Just win, baby!" And that is exactly what we did. Go Dawgs!