Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 pressing issues for Georgia football to address before Auburn game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,411 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
image3 pressing issues for Georgia football to address before Auburn game

Georgia football likes to refer to itself as "RBU," but that identity is in question after a slow start at Arkansas on Saturday

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, Bennett has the advantage of lots of time with Georgia football while JT hasn't had a lot of time with the players and the program. It'll be interesting to see if JT starts.

Remember that with Bennett, he doesn't have to make 50 yard throws everytime. Making accurate 3-5 yard passes gets you first downs and keeps the defense off balance enough to get in your run game. That 2 point conversion showed his toughness and his passes were excellent. Don't assume he can't bring us to victory over Auburn.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

I watched Bennett play for 3 years in high school and he doesn't have happy feet. He knows when to scramble when he has to. I think he gives us our best chance to win. You saw those 20 yard darts he threw Saturday. He can make the throws 35 and under with precision and I've seen him throw the ball 55+ plenty of times. Just throw it and send Pickens down to haul it in. He's cool he's should be a senior and has the it factor we are looking for. I would be surprised if he doesn't start against Auburn. No guarantee JT is healthy and in this day and age you have to have a QB that can run occasionally which you would have with Stetson.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you can out guess Kirby let me know. He is scrambling to make a game of it with always tough Auburn. If JT is healthy and cleared, he will start...IMO. Stet will back him up. Daniels has the accurate and zip-line long ball. Stet is better shorter throws. Plus he is quick on his peds. Nothing is set in stone. Could be wrong. All the post-game talk is about a CELLAR team, guys. Arkansas is not close to an Auburn and QB Bo Nix. If UGA has an Ark. first half...UGA is 1-1. Sorry, I watched Auburn play Sat,. They gave up only 13 pts., scored 29, I believe. Tough game. Auburn is a disciplined team. If UGA gets it together in Half One....they are in good stead. This front-end loaded season is going to tax UGA.. No room for 100 yds in penalties and missed assignments. UGA will need depth on both sides of the ball. Smart will need to call deeply upon his decades of skill and leadership to pull this season off and enter the playoffs. Before Ark. game I would not have said that. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched the Auburn game and yeah, Auburn had typical Auburn-luck and made it look like a more convincing win than it was. Kentucky ran it into the end zone but for some reason they called him down but couldn't provide he wasn't down. Next play, Kentucky throws an INT and Auburn runs it all the way (although it got pulled back because of targeting). If they gets called a TD, completely different outcome there.

Kentucky fumbles the ball on their own 30 and gives Auburn great position. Later, Kentucky goes for a 4th down on their own 30 and it fails and gives Auburn another great position.

Kentucky had more yards than Auburn (384 to 324), far more 1st downs (21 to 15) and fewer penalties. Kentucky's turnovers cost them the game.

So, I don't want to jinx anything, but I believe this could be a solid win for us and don't understand how ESPN's FPI thinks we only have a 56% vs Auburn at home compared to 80% against Kentucky at Kentucky.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I appreciate that UGA goes hard in practice under Kirby, but if the offense is getting away with such blatant holds in practice, it will carry over to games.

Both Xavier Truss and Jermaine Burton has blatant, egregious holding penalties that could have been called from Mars.

Is everyone looking the other way when it’s done in practice?

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Penalties, penalties and penalties... those are the things that need to be fixed. Secondly, the OL... wow it looked like 2016 across the OL. Poor snaps, missed assignments, Landers not helping out on the short yardage run from Zamir and Own Conden getting owned on Pass Pro. Our secondary also needs to clean some things up and one or two of those guys need to check their ego's at the door.