Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jake Camarda named SEC Special Teams Player of the Week as Kirby Smart prepares for 'competitive war

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageJake Camarda named SEC Special Teams Player of the Week as Kirby Smart prepares for 'competitive war' vs. Auburn

When Jake Camarda stepped to the podium on Monday, he didn't want to talk about his performance against Arkansas. Nor did he want to say much about being named the SEC Special Teams Player of the Week after five of his seven punts were down inside the 20. Instead, the sophomore punter wanted to talk about golf. So

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cannot say enough about Camarda. When he kicks it is like there is a lodestone inside the 20 that magnetizes the ball. Congratulations to this wonderful punter and his SEC Special Teams Player of the Week!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Scott Cochran's units were the best on the field for UGA this past Saturday. I have a feeling that man will be a force to be reckoned with one day as a HC.

Congrats to Camarda!

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laughing a "Competitive war"....I'm not sure what that means....other then there is a good chance the Dawgs will get their ass kicked

• Tailgater1951Tailgater1951 Posts: 33 ✭ Freshman

No doubt that Camarda ranks among the best punters that the Dawgs have ever had, and there have been many great punters and kickers.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has anybody heard what's going on with Zirkel? He was pretty highly touted coming out of high school and I was looking forward to see how he does. Then Podlensky goes out there. No disrespect to him, I'm just scratching my head wondering why I haven't even heard Zirkel's name mentioned since the season began. I understand if he simply hasn't won the job yet, but it seems like kind of an obvious thing to address so I just find it odd that I haven't heard anything. We do love our kickers here at UGA, and finding a way to carry on in the post-rec-specs era has been a relatively big talking point.