Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Quarterback questions have national media skeptical of Georgia football chances against Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageQuarterback questions have national media skeptical of Georgia football chances against Auburn

The Georgia Bulldogs will be playing in the first top-10 matchup of the college football season, as No. 4 Georgia takes on No. 7 Auburn. And once again all eyes will be on the Georgia offense. The group struggled in the opener, as the Bulldogs had just 5 points going into the third quarter. A quarterback change with

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    softballcoachsoftballcoach Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Sounds like Sallee has been “smokin” something. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Stetson Bennett gets the start. If he does I think Georgia will win, and it may even be by 10 or more.

Simply put, If Stetson Bennett was in the Auburn offense, I have no doubt he would be better that Bo Nix 57.6 passing percentage.

57.6 is was Nix passed for in 2019. So far in 2020 he's up to only 59.35% 12th best in the SEC.

Meanwhile, Bennett went for 69.0% coming off the bench.

• Options
    HowlnwoofHowlnwoof Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

I am not a betting man, but if I were I would have to put money on AU, which I could not do. We are going to need a Herculean effort by the defense or really surprising performance by the offense...or a little of both.

I am not down on the Dawgs, I just hope there is some method to the madness. Like, maybe we threw the ball more than normal last week because we needed to for preparation sake. I expect to see more running yards this week with a balanced mix of passing. God bless our QBs. I am not cheering for one over the other, I just hope that one of them rises to the top.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The national media is tiresome and frankly, boring blowhards. It is why I don’t watch, listen, or read most of their drivel.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh FFS, did anyone actually WATCH the Auburn/Kentucky game? #25 Kentucky outplayed them and should've won the game. Kentucky's mistakes killed them plus really bad luck (if that TD had been called a TD...)

In addition, we turned a 2 point deficit at the half to just about hitting the spread. Yes, it wasn't Mathis' best day, but Bennett came in and did 20-29.

Now, WITH the 3rd best high school QB recruit in the nation (below the likely top 2 draft picks next year) + Bennett + Mathis + Beck, they think we are worse off? Compared to what? When the magical 3-star Jamie Newman was destined to be a top Draft Pick and win the Heisman even though he hadn't played a single down for us yet and hadn't won the spot and likely wasn't going too?

Whatever. Look, I'm not going to be superstitious here and I'm sure it'll be close, but you'd be a fool to pick Auburn. 6.5 point spread is probably right - if I were a sports better, I'd put Georgia to beat that. Maybe a 10 point win.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

Sallee has had an axe to grind for Georgia since the off-season. I don't know why, but he seems to have made up his mind that there's nothing the Dawgs can do to convince him they're not some flimsy pretender. I remember back when BA had him on his podcast for some reason, and he droned on and on about Florida's superiority. Florida does have a couple advantages this year - namely personnel continuity and an easier schedule - but it was a if Sallee was making a game of the interview, trying to see how far he could stretch his nonsense before getting called out (which BA unfortunately never did). For like 20 minutes it was just one point after another that was instantly recognizable as either factually false or logically lacking.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said the same thing!! UK gave the Tigles all they could handle, until they decided not to show up for the 2nd half!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I completely agree. I can’t even watch the Gameday shows anymore. They are terrible.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn's weaker suit is its defense. KY had them on the run more than a few times in Half Two but could not find the House. I only watched parts of the contest. So, am not a solutionist. Some say KY never showed up after halftime. They did but could not get it to the House. Decent QB.. alot like Nix. I won't go so far as to say KY should have won the game. They are a strong club and will get better as the season progresses. Auburn had better transition. Quicker. UGA will have to contain Bo Nix to win. Stop the forward movement before it developes. They have quick backs and receivers. Good scramblers. UGA will dominate on defense! That leaves it up to much-maligned Monken to score the points. I believe he is capable.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why is J.T Daniels holding that football like a baseball, that's a sure fire way to get a **** sack fumble. Hope the Dog coaches fix that throwing motion: Get that ball up next to his ear.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

My money says Stetson will start for the Dawgs on Saturday. Mathis certainly isn't going to start, Beck hasn't been mentioned since committing to the G and Daniels hasn't taken enough reps to be a starter against the #7 team in the nation! Think about it this way, if Daniels were going to start, Smart would not have been so quick to leak that Daniels has been cleared to play. Stetson's first start will be in two days, I guarantee it.

In the past three meetings UGA has held Auburn to less than 14 points. No way UGA loses this game, no way.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs going to get smoked? Gators the best in the east.....Yawn, Nawwwww, GATA, If we can score we will win!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Y'all gotta realize that Barrett Sallee actually WENT to Auburn. That's why he hates Georgia as he does and looks for any little crack to say, "the whole building is going to fall."