Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football heavily favored to snap Tennessee's astonishing 8-game win streak

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football heavily favored to snap Tennessee's astonishing 8-game win streak

Georgia football has won the past three meetings with Tennessee, but the Vols are red-hot, winners of 8 games dating back to last season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This time last week after the Georgia- Arkansas game there were so many Florida, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn fans celebrating the fall of Georgia football a UGA fan almost couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Wow! What a difference a week and one game can make. GOOOODAWGS!

• MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

I hope Kirby shows no mercy for TN on saturday.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's put it this way, Cade Mays will learn a valuable lesson next weekend. His uniform will be pristine clean evewhere but the "backside." Wear it well Cade. You got former UGA coaches huffing and puffing in TN after spectating the UGA blow out of Auburn. TN is looking pretty stout so far. But UGA is a defensive titan. Stetson should loosen up their defense and score ad infinitum...now that Zeus and Cook are in stride. Pickens...I would personally like to see more from him. Others are stepping up...Richard LeCounte will be back. I am thrilled to see UGA coaching turn around this football team in just about one week. Night to day! GO DAWGS!!!

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia wins 34-10 and Florida loses 34-31.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

RELATED: Pruitt talks about Kirby Smart’s wife, Aaron Murray

The way that is written, one would think that Pruitt is talking god know what about Ms Smart....I clicked on this link and, to start with, it goes back 2 years. Also there was nothing negative here so I'm not sure why it was mentioned here

• WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

It’s going to be painful for vols.

snapping your pinky finger off in a folding chair kind of painful.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

To Pruitt, Mays, Fulmer, and Company: Welcome to The Toxic Environment !!!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm certain the team and staff will welcome Cade, Pruitt, and the rest of the old gang back to town properly.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Astonishing? Hyperbole much?

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA66, what are you 12? Did Cade Mays drag his **** thru your cherrios? Give it a rest. The guy transferred, get over it. It may not have been pretty, but it is what it is.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Tennessee will give us a good game and they have definitely improved, but the 8 game win streak is a bit exaggerated. Those 8 wins include: South Carolina x2, Missouri x2, Kentucky, UAB, Vandy and Indiana. In six of those games the opponents had losing records and didn’t play in bowl games. UAB had 3 losses and UT barely beat (5 loss) Indiana 22-21 in the bowl game. Yes, UT is improved, but it’s not as impressive of a win streak as Vol fans profess. Go Dawgs!!!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good job BubbaBill of putting all that in perspective. Now GATA! Go Dawgs!

• Tailgater1951Tailgater1951 Posts: 33 ✭ Freshman

Not to jump ahead or anything but I think the Dawgs do that left side forearm shiver to the Vols that Washington did to that Arkansas lineman. 31-8 sounds about right. Tide will be the real challenge--not sure if anyone can beat them right now.

• FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know think your last sentence is true at all. They have looked impressive against a pitiful Mizzou team and a once again way overrated A&M. That D is not the Bama D of old and Mac Jones can be rattled by pressure, as shown in the Iron Bowl last year. Bama is definitely beatable and UGA will do it this year. Twice if necessary

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have seen Tn. against SC and they are probably better defensively than Florida and not there offensively. Dawgs need to make a statement as I believe Bama can be beaten and if we pull that off we should go undefeated.