Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former Georgia baseball player Adam Sasser files sue against UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia baseball player Adam Sasser files sue against UGA

ATHENS – Adam Sasser, a former Georgia baseball player who was kicked off the team for using racial epithets at a Georgia football game in 2018, has filed a federal lawsuit against UGA, the state board of regents and several other parties. Identified only as “John Doe” in court documents, Sasser alleges violations of

Read the full story here

Comments

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Got to be be honest here....He doesn't have a case...there are plenty...and I do mean plenty on the radical right that view this guy as a hero...they will give him a job

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh well its not UGA fault he said it. Instead blaming the school he should look in the mirror

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two years later he files...AFTER the apology to UGA for his actions??? He admitted he was wrong yet it is now UGA's fault?? $$$$$...ya think?

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I bet our POTUS will support his efforts!!

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“(The) intent and context were in a positive manner and in support of a person. When the Plaintiff learned his statement was viewed negatively, he apologized.” How could he possibly think that his comment would be taken in a "positive manner"?

• JDTDGDJDTDGD Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

This infuriates me. This guy hasn't changed one bit.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

His eligibility is only now ended - the result of UGA's punitive actions are now provable (that the MLB won't touch him despite a provable baseball ability through comparable statistics).

Further, initial reports were that he said, "put my ****** in" and not "put the (expletive) in." If true, these have very, very different meanings. **** either way, but intent is key.

UGA got this wrong because they couldn't jettison the kid fast enough - there was clearly no due process or deliberation in their action.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me? Well, I believe those words did harm you, you said them no one else forced you too. It's like spilt milk, once it hits the floor it's undrinkable. Move on, this is one lawsuit that will be dismissed.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

The lawyer cites the Constitution. I'm not a constitutional scholar, but I'm pretty sure there's no right to a scholarship. As far as I know, Sasser is still a free man, and other institutions and professional entities have been free to pursue him if they want to. As presented in the article, this comes across as the classic "First Amendment means consequences aren't allowed" BS.

• MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I always thought UGA acted too harshly in his case. He's an immature kid. That doesn't mean he should've been expelled.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another money grubbing leech.. Nothing more

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly, he spoke the words voluntarily, no one held him at gunpoint and demanded he speak. But, now someone else is supposed to be held liable for his actions? Sure, I've made plenty of mistakes, but I was taught to own up to my mistakes, not push the blame off on another. He ruined his career himself, and expects to be rewarded, funny! All I can say to this young man is.." If you're going to be s-t-u-p-i-d, you best be tough"

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are people ever going to learn stupidity has consequences? Free speech doesn’t mean you can run into a building yelling fire when there’s no fire. Sasser and lawyer both guilty of a money grab. Good grief! Go Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes me wonder? What did Sasser really say. I always assumed it was the N word, and if it was, I feel Georgia had no choice and did the right thing by kicking him out.

But if that is really the case, how can his lawyer make the claim that "Sasser’s remarks were not meant to be derogatory."

What if he simply said put the black kid in? In this upside down, me too politically driven society, I wouldn't be shocked if what Sasser actually said was far and away less than what we have been lead to believe.

God, I hope this kid didn't get run off simply to appease an oppressive political movement...

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One ex-player says we have a racist environment, another sues after the school removes him for making racist comments! You cannot make this stuff up. This would be comical if it weren't so sad! The world is in turmoil because the youth are not being raised properly. It all starts with the parents-put the children first, love and discipline go hand-in-hand. But most importantly teach and show your children how to love and fear the Lord above all things! Wide is the path to destruction.

God bless this young man with wisdom. May the efforts of his lawyer be stifled.