Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things: Georgia defense special, quarterback needs work, competition at RB

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
image3 things: Georgia defense special, quarterback needs work, competition at RB

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart knew his team wasn't as sharp as it typically is at this point in the season even before beating Tennessee 44-21

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I said last week that DJ Daniel was weak link in an already questionable secondary. Monken has to roll the pocket to get Mailman some angles. Zeus doesn’t have vision, quick feet, and wiggle require to be workhorse in SEC. He is a good at softening D but the young dog RBs need more food. McKitty/Agent Zero can be difference makers and Carter is a complete man child.

finally, CKS doesn’t understand the nuances of offense/QB. Why didn’t JT Daniels get at least some snaps to get a feel?

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kendall Milton and Channing Tindall are fun to watch and I hope Kirby give them more playing time. As for Milton's performance, I haven't seen a uga running back who can run through defenders with toughness and power since Robert Edwards and Channing Tindall reminds me of Roquan Smith and Odell Thurman.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

I love Stetson Bennett IV, but I fear we may be seeing another Dave Archer (remember him?) in the making. Great QB on short and medium throws, but once defenses found out he couldn't throw deep he was done for. Bennett doesn't have the arm strength for deep balls, and Bama is going to take advantage of that. Might be time to roll out Daniels. That being said, Bama's defense didn't look particularly good against Ole Miss. Spreading the offense out horizontally might work, but only if Bama fears the deep ball. Otherwise they can just play tight man and bring the safeties up.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett certainly has room for improvement, however he has exactly two games for his entire UGA career where he has had a full week practicing with the ones leading up to the game. I wish he were taller and had a stronger arm, but no one can question his effort and we have three taller, strong armed QBs who are riding the pine because they obviously have even greater short comings than Stetson.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've been saying since last year that White is an average RB at best...We need to move McIntosh and Milton ahead of him....Even Cook when he gets back

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2020

Pickens was consistently double-teamed, but I am sure Monken will figure out how to get him the ball more. The bigger concern was the lack of push from the OL. Our RBs only averaged 3.6YPC.

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defense, being mentally prepared and not being afraid of the moment. These are the keys to slaying that giant called Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide football team. Coach Saban will have his team well prepared offensively and their defense will show alot of improvement for this game. He has a history of humbling a good team thinking they are championship ready. I remember seeing him do it to UGA in their blackout jerseys in 2008. I hope CKS has his team prepared more mentally for this game than the last one. It's going to be a very physical, chess match game. It's gonna be a good one. I hope we have enough offensive fire power to win. One SEC game at a time. Let's Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    JackCuppyJackCuppy Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2020

Stetson seems to be building his confidence from week to week. He obviously knows the offense and is doing a good job thus far. His teammates seem to respect and like him. He is a hard worker. I am not concerned about STARS beside a players name. If a guy has desire, ability to learn, heart and is coachable he will give the TEAM his best effort everyday. Stetson seems humble and appreciative of his opportunity to play and help the TEAM. However, I would like to see Kirby take him and some of the other starters out when we have a comfortable lead towards the end of the game to help minimize risking injury and get other players game experience.The other QB’s need game reps as well as the other positions/players need reps. GATA!! Go dawgs!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama looked like a defensive sieve against Old Miss. Saban was outwardly frustrated with their play. He is banking on Bennett and a continuation of the "short game." He will ;pull up the safeties and force the ball toward the middle...shutting down the explosive plays. JT Daniels can heave it! You will need to against Bama next weekend. Kearis and George will be the meal ticket!! I loved Kendall Milton's Chubb-like charges through heavy traffic!! This kid has power and grit! As his dad shouted..."keep him in." Kenny M. showed again how explosive a runner he is and super quick. Good hands too.

Above ALL..the Big Dawgs of UGA's defense are UNSTOPPABLE!!!

My prediction next weekend: UGA 4-0 Bama 3-1

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Milton is going to be a true beast with a little more experience.. McIntosh made some tough runs also

• Options
    GaDawgNTexasGaDawgNTexas Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Honestly even with a safety over the top..GP is open a lot if you go back and watch the games. Stet NEVER looks his way every time he snaps the ball he's already looking at the opposite side of the field or he stares down KJ until he gets open.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Picken's cost UGA 15 yards, and he wasn't even on the field. Will he ever grow up? IF I was the HC he would get to know every step in Sanford Stadium, as he would run up and down every one of them, twice.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He(Stetson) definitely feels in tune with Kearis. Pickens was open a couple of times I remember seeing and Bennet didn't see it. But I recall criticizing JF for the same thing last year.

I do like Bennet's football instincts. Can't coach that. Little train that could.

• Options
    bodie79bodie79 Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

GP wont have much of an impact as long as SB is playing qb1. He doesnt have the arm to get those deep routes. His balls linger n the air whoch will have dbs salivatong. Heis game is more intermediate routes. Thats why KJ is eating like he is. Zeus runs hard, but lacks vision to bounce it out.. he get the ball and pounds ot into a congested crowd instead of seeing a lane just a few feet away which should def be withon his peripheral.. the younger backs are better now with much less touches.. time for honest assesments regardless of seniority. Best man up!!