Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers following 44-21 win over Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following 44-21 win over Tennessee

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers following 44-21 win over Tennessee Winner: Jack Podlesny The Georgia kicker

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Milton and McIntosh both deserve a shout out. They both ran the ball extremely hard and helped move the chains on several occasions. Zeus was clearly not having one of his better days but I fully expect he will have games where he carries the team. Outstanding effort by our defensive unit. They seemed to play with a chip on their shoulder the whole game and we will definitely need that same effort this coming week. Things are starting to get real interesting. Get past Alabama and this team should really be in a great position for a championship run. Offense is still a work in progress but the pieces are there. We knew coming into this season that may be an area of concern. Kearis Jackson is becoming my favorite Dawg. Love his effort and maturity. Go Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen must not have any common sense. Asking for a packed stadium (while) every other SEC stadium is limited to 20-25% and with a crashing from the stars 1-2 LSU coming to the swamp just makes Mullen look desperate.

Then there's that Third and Grantham effect...

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Feeling down and out? Just put on a highlight tape of Kearis Jackson and watch his zeal and love for the game and you'll feel remarkably better.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I must admit, I did enjoy seeing Mays getting beat so badly.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mullen falls right in line with the legacy of UF coaches being arrogant when they win, sore losers when they don't. Notice he never gives credit to the winning team for doing what needs to be done, just constantly makes excuses and downgrades the opponent.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mullen is showing the whiner that he is. I believe that he and several gayter players have said something like "they weren't better than us, we just didn't execute" for the past couple of years. Always seems to be "when we lose it ain't my fault".

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm gonna be 100% honest, 1st half looked like we had cheeseburger Chaney in the booth calling plays. When we constantly run the ball up the gut, reminds of 2018-2019. We don't have the running backs like we had in Michel, chubb, and swift. We need to stop that. We bust on the edge and magically we find yards. You start making defense second guess outside or inside, then you can start pounding it. Why don't we use the toss much? Seems more effective than handing it off to me.

• JDTDGDJDTDGD Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I feel like that Trey Hill fumble recovery was one of the biggest plays of the game. I think we were only up 2 then and that would have been a huge momentum shift for Tennessee. Hated seeing that errant snap by him on our opening drive, but he made up for it with that fumble recovery. On that Burton fumble play he was the only linemen even close to the ball. I don't know if he was there because of instinct or just great effort (he was probably going 110% on every play trying to make up for the free touchdown he gave Tennessee).

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mays may be enjoying the home cooking, but he is missing the UGA coaching. That boy has regressed. Once again, Will Friend has shown what he can do with talented players.

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cade Mays, Bless his big ole heart, He is exactly where he needs/deserves to be...best wishes biggun!

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My hope is that Pickens comes out extra-motivated for the Bama game. We need him at his best with his head screwed on straight. Burton looks pretty good too, but he needs to stop yapping on the field.

Bennett plays with a toughness and a grit that I love. After the targeting foul, he just laughed and he popped right up after getting blasted for a first down. He was looking out his ear hole but unfazed. More pissed at his own helmet. Lol.

The UGA defense is a special group. Enjoy them this year, we may never see a D like this again. They just come at you in waves. Imagine if Korey Foreman and Smael Mondon were added to that group. Talk about firepower!

I wish Kirby would use more toss sweeps and out side runs. Seems like those work well the majority of the time. Might soften up the middle too.

Cautiously optimistic about the Bama game. Dogs could win if they play a clean game. Kirby needs to get this **** off his back. No better time than now to do it.

And what do you say about Florida? They were everyone's early darling and now Cousin Eddie needs a "packed house" to help him win. Classic. I'll be routing for LSU this weekend.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Apparently the word that refers to a chimpanzee on one's back is now taboo. Makes no sense.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe when Zeus tried to recover the ball for UGA in the end zone he may have suffered a minor injury. He didn't have any POP in his runs up the ad naseum middle all afternoon long. Please play Milton more. he only had 8 carries for the game. True he had a fumble, but so did Harris the RB for Bama, they left him in and he scored 5 TD's on 206 rushing yards.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Apparently the word that refers to a chimpanzee on one's back is now taboo. Makes no sense."

Pretty touchy moderation. Silly.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I cannot imagine a better linebacker corp. We may never have as much talent in a group as we have currently. At least three of those guys will be first round picks.

So many things to love about our defense and special teams. This team is truly special. I pray our offense starts clicking, if they do, we will be unstoppable!