Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia responds to Alabama football COVID-19 situation, 'everybody better pay attention'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia responds to Alabama football COVID-19 situation, 'everybody better pay attention'

Georgia Bulldogs athletic director Greg McGarity reacted to the current Alabama football COVID-19 situation on Wednesday night

Read the full story here

Comments

• LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

The odds of this game taking place this weekend are not good. Both Saban and the Alabama AD have tested positive - it would be very unlikely that the two of them could be the only ones. With the virus present within the Bama roster, UGA couldn't take the risk of playing them right now. Florida is on hold, A&M played them a few days ago so they're likely infected, Mizzou and Vandy are now postponed - this is getting dangerously close to making the entire conference call a time out.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So..... saban gets chewed out by Sankey for not wearing mask enough.

Wears mask whole game and tests positive. 🤔

Folks I ain’t sayin that masks cause this stuff but when our overweight prez and saban both get it, we gotta be kidding ourself if we think masks “prevent” this.

hope Saban recovers completely and go dawgs!

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Have those drones like Blank is using at Falcons stadium continuously spray the stadium.

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The main purpose of masks is to prevent you from spreading the disease to everyone else. It lowers the odds by over 90% but is not absolutely fool proof. It is a known fact that the President was around many people who did not wear masks at the White House air Force 1, etc. I do not know about Saban. Please do not use Saban’s test as an excuse to not wear a mask.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

First, I don't think anyone "chewed out" Saban. Now that would be something for YouTube. Somehow, I just don't see that happening and no one has ever said wearing a mask "prevents" you from getting Covid. It just gives you a better chance of not spreading it to others. Who knows how much Saban wore the mask away from the game (or anywhere else) and our president has been very open about his personal mask policy. I, too, hope Saban has a quick and speedy recovery....and go DAWGS!!

edited October 2020

VetDawg

First, I don't think anyone "chewed out" Saban. I would like to see that on Youtube. Somehow, I just don't see that happening and no one has ever said wearing a mask "prevents" you from getting Covid. It just gives you a better chance of not spreading it to others. Who knows how much Saban wore a mask away from the game and our president has been very open about his personal mask policy. I, too, hope Saban has a quick and speedy recovery....and go DAWGS!!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crossing my fingers that the game doesn't get postponed....can't imagine either team wants to have to reschedule and potentially play each other on back-to-back weekends...Egads...

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for all of the interest in my previous post. For those who doubt Sankey’s actions, please go back to last week and see what he issued to all of the coaches following the previous week’s behaviors about coaches and masks on the sideline. For the love of Pete it was the reason Pruitt looked like ET on the sideline!!

I appreciate all of the epidemiology lessons and I encourage you to act according to your comfort level. This isn’t the place for political opinions. I was just pointing out facts.

Go dawgs and get well Saban!

I don't doubt Sankey's actions, but what he "issued" is a long way from standing in front of Saban and chewing him out. Pruitt looking like ET is probably an improvement. I don't think anything I said was political and I was only responding to your specific comments. I don't think I offered any political opinions and neither did you. I think the "lessons" you refer to are actually facts too. I respect your comments even though I might disagree with some of them. Believe me, I don't want to discuss politics, I'm overloaded with politics these days.....and not liking it.

• SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

You aren't very bright, are you? Every medical science institution in the world (except for the political appointments here in the USA) says that masks help prevent the spread yet you are just smart enough to say it doesn't "prevent" this. Moron.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. I heard it from my sister in law's, uncle's, cousin (who's a bag man for the Tide) that the fix is in and there is no way this game gets played.

Bama doesn't want to play us this Saturday and they are looking for a way out. They don't want the Dawgs Mighty D to beat down their offense and the Mailman to expose (even more) their defense. I am guessing that "contact tracing" and additional positive tests will require enough Bammer players to be held out and they will be "forced" to postpone the game. If GA gets on the plane on Friday and flies to AL, I will be shocked.

If it does get canceled, then there is NO WAY this game gets rescheduled to the week before the SEC CG. Assuming the Dawgs beat the Gayturds in Jax (which they will) and wins out, what would be the purpose of having an undefeated East champ play an undefeated West champ two weeks in a row with the first game essentially being meaningless?

This way Bama only has to play the Dawgs once in the SEC CG and the loser will automatically get the 4th invite into the playoffs. Only then might there be a rematch for the Natty but we would now have to beat AL twice in three games to win it. Not to mention having to get past either Clemson or Ohio State in the national semifinal.

It will take a miracle for GA to win it all this year. Go Dawgs!

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Do the morons who complained about the students at the Auburn game really think all of them go back to the dorms and apartments and stand six feet apart and wear masks the other six days of the week?

How dumb are some people?