Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia's offensive line is helping Stetson Bennett find his confidence

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia's offensive line is helping Stetson Bennett find his confidence

For much of the night, the Georgia offensive line did its job. It opened holes in the running game for the likes of Zamir White, Kendall Milton and James Cook. The Bulldogs averaged 4.8 yards per carry, compared to Alabama's 3.4 yards. Georgia also held up well in pass protection. The Bulldogs surrendered only two

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I understand we didn't have spring ball and with a new coordinator that hurt a lot. But we gave up on Dwan after a half. So now you're telling me Stetson is the best option we have? This has been a monumental quarterback blunder starting a few years ago. Eason went down and Jake came in and that was it. Justin came in and left a year later. That next year we looked like crap and he leads his team to the playoff. When Trevor went to Clemson they switched QBs after a few games and gave him a shot. i wonder if he came to Georgia would we make that kind of call? How is it that all best GA quarterbacks end up other places? If Stetson is the guy you better cut him loose coach, we have the defensive talent but as always we look like 1980 georgia on offense. Milton and McIntosh look like the best two backs in the stable right now. Milton made a difference in the game and......then we sit him on the bench. Feed him until they are forced to stop him. i believe in you coach but what's going on down there?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The offensive line did a very good job against Bama in pass protection and opening some good lanes for rushing. I know the OL has been playing musical chairs so far this season to figure out the best lineup. However, we all know that Bama's defense was not as strong as usual. In any case, it was good to see us have a pretty balanced attack. Keep it up!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, Justin Fields, Stetson Bennett.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree with the Justin Fields blunder theory.

How many 2nd string QB's would leave Georgia, Ohio ST, Alabama, you name the school, if they got a call from another Blue-blood program that told him. Come to our school and we guarantee you the starting position, and we already have a deal cut with the NCAA granting you immediate eligibility.

Justin Fields did not leave GA because he was mismanaged. He left because he was granted a very special deal and did not have to compete for the position or sit-out a year.

Otherwise he would still very likely be at UGA.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really like the Offensive coaching staff and the direction of the offense. The OC and the Receivers have been upgraded. Play calling is clearly improved over the days of Chaney.

It takes some time and very likely a special talent at QB, but Kirby is taking the right steps to make those things happen.