Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A REAL way to do Devon Gales' fundraiser

RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since our AD likes to ask the fans to give money instead of using UGA's nest egg, why doesn't the Athletic Dept. pledge during their next multi-million dollar fundraising campaign to donate $.50 for every dollar given to the campaign to Devon Gales' fundraiser themselves? I mean, McGarity said they have that money set aside incase players are going to get paid one day...seems like a man that lost his ability to walk (for now...Lord willing, not forever) playing the game could use some of that money that is set aside for players anyway.

I'm thrilled that UGA, my alma mater, is doing something to help this man. But is the institution doing anything other than provide PR? This family has already been kicked when they're down enough times. I'd like to see UGA do something substantial for this man.

Comments

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

I really like the idea that some folks on Twitter suggested of having fans at G-Day donate $10 to the Gales fund.

I think Bulldog Nation would have no problem in this donation for such a worthy cause!

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SavageDawg17 said:
    I really like the idea that some folks on Twitter suggested of having fans at G-Day donate $10 to the Gales fund.

I think Bulldog Nation would have no problem in this donation for such a worthy cause!

AMEN!!!!

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I was wondering the other day is they are looking for $400K total, right?

Why do they need so much money to build a house? Does handicapped accessibility just jack up the cost that much?

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not just handicap accessibility. It's handicap design. Accessible means that it's designed for people who do not suffer from a handicap but has certain general accommodations in the event that a handicapped person may need to use it. The house they want to build is designed from the ground up for somebody with Devon's issue. So yes, the cost can increase rapidly.