Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media makes thoughts clear on Georgia QB situation before Kentucky game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageNational media makes thoughts clear on Georgia QB situation before Kentucky game

The calls to make a change at the quarterback position have not gotten any quieter in the time since Georgia's 41-24 loss to Alabama on Oct. 17. If anything, it seems there's even more of a consensus among the national media for Georgia to make a change at the quarterback position. ESPN's Booger McFarland made the

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said after Florida's first two games that Kyle Trask would be a first round pick next season. A certain someone on here slammed me for saying that. Well, Mel Kiper has him the 9th overall pick next year. Just sayin.

• MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

None of those "national media" guys knows what they are talking about. Mullins averages 13 points a game against Smart's defenses.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel Bennett can handle KY...period. I do not feel he can master the FL defense as easily. They will crowd him in the backfield and look for the mid-field toss or short flat pass. And the bat-downs. He will have to rely on the running game..and that is UGA's strong suit. I believe Zamir, Kendall, especially roughshod Kendall and Cook, will blitz their line, insert end sweeps, slot passes and create headaches for FL when they play. It will be a relatively low scoring event. UGA defense will hold them. IMO.

• KBPKBP Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MarkGelbart,

Thank you! Our defense has been Florida's problem for the last 3 years and that's mainly because they've not been able to run the ball and when they pass they haven't been able to consistently block us. The final score in last year's game made it look a lot closer than it was. If the Gators win this year, it will be because they shut us down offensively and the 2019 Gator defense was better than this 2020 version. One more caveat, we can't turn the ball over and give them short fields either. Two Questions: Who of their first 22 would start over ours other than Trask? Why is the media so obsessed with Dan Mullen? He's 0-3 against his main rival who continues to out recruit him which is the lifeblood of any successful program. We're just more talented up and down the roster.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All the pre-season hoopla about UGA going to the AIR-RAID offense has been proven false. The QB that some were touting for the Heisman Trophy decided he was better off, sitting out instead of playing. So now the current number one QB at UGA has been exposed when he played against a contending National Championship Team as being a little TOO SHORT against big imposing linemen. 5 balls batted down and 3 interceptions in one game has proven that point. Has Daniels really been cleared to play? If he has, why was he not given a chance at some point against Alabama? Has the true freshman, Beck shown that he has the skills to play BIG BOY FOOTBALL in the SEC, or does he need a lot more COACHING? Has Mathis improved since the fiasco at Arkansas? 1980, was forty years ago, and again we are coming up not SMART, but TOO SHORT !!!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you. The national media has to have something to talk about. Their talking points have already been discussed around here for a few minutes.

I always worry about the Gators. They can beat us if they play well and we play badly. If we play well then what?

If we play well it will be

• a long afternoon,
    • a long evening,
    • a long Sunday,
    • a long week,
    • and a very long year for fans of the University of West Gainesville (FL).

We can take nobody for granted. There's no wiggle room. If we let them, like we let Bama, they can beat us. Granted, Alabama might be able to beat us on a day we play well, but the Gators aren't Alabama.

Bless their hearts!

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we will get to the SECC with Bennet and working in JTD and DW along the way. The last three games I hope to see a lot of JTD. Then we will have 3 guys ready for Bammer.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida is not in the same 'league' as Clemson, Ohio St or Alabama. Bama had punted 6 times in their first 3 games. They punted twice against Tenn. We forced them to punt 4 times and threw in another stop with an interception. We had several chances. Scored 3 TD's in 12 possessions. Bama made half time adjustments, we did not.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a load of hockey! Bama’s offense is loaded with former four and five stars. UF’s is loaded with three and four stars. Take Pitts away from Trask, which must be easy the way Kirby has talked about defenses taking away Pickens, and Trask/Mullens has very little.

I’m really not certain UF will still be a Top 10 Team after they play Mizzou. I certainly hope they are!

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not against Bennett. But If a 5 star, previous starter at a power 5 school as a under-age freshman, is not winning the competition to overtake a former walk-on, junior college player, who had 5 batted down balls, 3 interceptions, and an opposing team shut-out in 2nd half against bama,,,,,What's the problem with J.T. Daniels?...Gotta be something, we are not hearing with the coaching staff.. Something is amiss. Injury/ surgery not progressing well. Mental and not making good progressions. Not accurate with throws at practice. No command of huddle. Making wrong calls at line of scrimmage...What's the deal.. Is Bennett just better than everyone else we currently have? Well he needs to be better than the last game performance....Hope the off-week affords the team to work out the bugs in the system.

• DCDirtyBirdDCDirtyBird Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

I don't necessarily agree with the Florida commenr but we definitely should not be going into games handicapped at QB and relying on the defense to play lights out because Bennett is a feel good story.

Mathis wasn't as bad as it looked given the play calls and the offensive line play (per CKS). We need the threat of the deep ball to open up the run game and Bennett just doesn't have the arm to be a real threat.

Mathis was as bad as he looked. Sorry. There's a reason he isn't given any meaningful play time. He scared to dawgdoo out of CKS.