Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football instant observations following 14-3 win over Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations following 14-3 win over Kentucky

Stetson Bennett IV needed to have a good game against Kentucky following a three-interception showing against Alabama. The Georgia quarterback decidedly did not have that. Bennett was intercepted twice and fumbled — which Georgia recovered — in the 14-3 win over the Wildcats. But the win does not and will not quell

Read the full story here

Comments

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

9 for 13 131 yards and two ints. What good time with a offense is this really going to beat?

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have always been a Kirby fan but I am starting to believe he has no imagination (three yards and a cloud of dust), is not letting his offensive coordinator do his job and is regressing and not progressing as a coach and it’s showing on the field of play.

• Adamcu78Adamcu78 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Boring game made worse by a QB who can't see over his centers butt crack. I dont care if we lose every other game with another qb, just put SOMEONE ELSE IN... preferably someone taller than a shoe lace

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fell asleep at the end

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You could have fell asleep five minutes into the second half, had a long nap and missed nothing. 😐

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good thing the Kentucky offense blows and their QB was making his 1st start or we lose. Anyone seriously believe we'll beat Fla with this offense.? I bleed red but this is disgusting. Our vaunted defense new they would lineup and try to run and we couldn't get off the field. I thought Rodriquez was Najee Harris for a minute the way we couldn't tackle. I blame CKS for not getting the passing game going to get some confidence going into next week for SB and for these young receivers. Wasted opportunity against a lessor opponent but CKS did what his philosophy is run and shorten the game. Any bigtime HS WR recruits watching this game? I hope not.

I've been saying we get prepared for next season by finding our next season QB this year and let him gain experience. We can't beat Fla or Bama. Sorry. 14 against Kentucky? LOL! And then we lose game experience to boot for JT or Dwan or Carson by playing as if we have a chance at the title. Time for CKS to think outside the box.

Lost half the starters on defense today. When it rains it pours.

• bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The unbelievable Stetson Bennett story is about to turn into a nightmare.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ugh. I mean, really. Ugh. Lets cover what we learned:

1) We learned we can run the ball against a weak team. Wow. Gee. Call the press.

2) We proved that the week off accomplished very, very little.

3) We learned that Kentucky isn't very good and isn't coached very well. There was little "heart" and they acted like they didn't want to be there. They seemed fine to just take a loss.

4) We learned that Smart isn't interested in preparing for Florida and was just looking for the easiest way to win again Kentucky.

That's it. Now, lets see the wrapup:

1) Bennett: 13 attempts. 13 Freaking attempts. 2 of those intercepted including one blocked (gee, I wonder what Florida's strategy is going to be). 9 completions were accurate, but not especially confidence inspiring. He did a better job running vs throwing. The pass to the end zone was a pure "hail mary" and had no shot of being anything more than a lucky catch.

2) QBs other than Bennett: 0 minutes played. We are at the halfway point of the season and Smart is refusing to let anyone else touch the ball even after 2 more INTs. Yeah, yeah, not his fault, yada yada.

3) Our D was good, but not as "lights out" as it should've been after a week off as well as a humiliating loss. If you didn't watch the game, you might assume we shut them down and they got a lucky FG, but we had troubles stopping them. Yes, I know: injuries and 138 yards given up on the ground is good, but lots of missed sacks and yeah, a stronger team would've beaten us.

I hate being negative, I really do, but I feel really depressed after that game. That was playing-not-to-lose and if we play that way next week, then we're done.

• UGACCUGACC Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2020

Injuries - I wonder if "iron sharpens iron" at practice isn't taking a toll. There is no good reason to be this banged up after an off weekend. How many of our key players get hurt each year?

QB & Offense - If Kirby doesn't eventually take a chance on a talented QB and get his offense going, playing Fromm over Fields will continue to haunt him for years. We've got two 4-stars and a 5-star on the bench and Jamie Newman left without taking a snap. Bama scored 40 on us (we certainly have a great defense); Clemson is going to score 30+ without Trevor Lawrence; We scored 14 against Kentucky. That's not gonna cut it.

• NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m tired of the “coach speak” about the QB situation from Kirby in his own words. I’m sorry but JT Daniels could’ve played this game using a crutch if all he had to do was hand the ball off to Zeus. And he still wouldn’t have had the lousy box score mini me Stetson had....Lawd!!

I know today was vanilla in prep for FLA but we aren’t beating Bammer with Jet-Stet and we may lose to FLA

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Look, Bennet is a 2 star recruit, and we see why. But Mathis in his only opportunity, was much worse, and until he proves otherwise, Daniels is just a mediocre PAC 12 QB who isn’t healthy enough to play, I don’t care how high his recruit ranking was. BTW- remember Mike Griffith telling us with absolute certainty that Newman left because Daniels beat him out? Funny how quickly that narrative disappeared! That’s why DawgNation is worth what I pay for it.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

WOW. I'm not sure what to make of Kirby's thinking in this game. And Monken has got to be scratching his head and asking himself...

" Again, why did you hire me? "

Other than success with the running game against a banged up and inferior Kentucky defense I don't think we accomplished much other than to get some key Dawg defensive players injured. Bennett had a pitiful game for the few times he was even able to throw. Is he REALLY the best we got for our NEW offensive "Air attack"? Oh brother...

My instant observations is this ain't gonna cut it against the big boys...not even close. We played not to lose, and that is not the way you build a Championship team.

• Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cks starting to look alot like les miles heck of recruiter not much of a coach. Stop the loyal crap to a qb he done the same with Jake fromm.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

If this game is the results of having two weeks off, then Kirby please do not schedule any weeks off down the in the future. Some at DawgNation please Kirby why it was so easy for him to bench Mathis without giving him another chance to prove himself. But, instead sticking with Benett after his last two performance. He should have learned from how he handle the Fromm and Fields situation. I am sure he won't give a straight answer. When a coach cannot give you straight and honest answer, you have to be suspicious of his leadership.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Daniels is just a mediocre PAC 12 QB who isn’t healthy enough to play."

Intriguing judgment from someone who's never seen him play and has no knowledge whatsoever about his medical condition. He's "cleared to play." Meaning he's medically cleared to trot on the field and play the position. Newman left BEFORE JT was cleared. Therefore, Daniels could not start Game One. And this is why DawgNation commentary is seldom worth what we pay for it.

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow. This looks like last year's offense. Glad for the win but a hard game to watch. Offense and defense were very uninspiring. Just look like they were going through the motions. Still love my team though, Go Dawgs.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think CKS owes the fans/alumni an explanation. In plain English explain why Bennett is our best option at QB. I don't believe he can; other than to say "Bennett has been here longer and has earned the right to play. Besides, I like the kid." Those are great reasons, coach. Will he still be saying that when he's watching the SEC championship on TV?

• DCDirtyBirdDCDirtyBird Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

CKS is speaking with the arrogance of a coach that has led a team to a NC win and he hasn't. He appears defiant in his responses to questions about our QB situation. Somebody tell me how Mathis is somehow worse than what we've gotten from Bennett in the last two games. If Mathis had the run game in the first half that Bennett had today, there never would have been a switch.