Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stetson Bennett interception spoils positive start for Georgia against Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett interception spoils positive start for Georgia against Kentucky

Georgia and Kentucky played one of the fastest first half of the season as it was filled with very few stoppages and a whole lot of running plays. The Bulldogs hold a 7-3 lead. The Bulldogs got things started with an 86-yard touchdown drive that featured three different running backs and was capped off with a Stetson

Read the full story here

Comments

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have heard Kirby say that he do not want to reinvent the wheel with the offense. Well it is time to reinvent the wheel when you only score 7 points in the first half against Kentucky. Tire companies produce tires with air. Now the make tires that uses nitrogen. Sometimes you have to try something new. Who would have thought Nick Saban would change,but he have and that's why Bama is winning Championship.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, I think Ga can win a NC, if they outlaw the forward pass. Well maybe, Ky seems to have the ability to run it also. And everyone remembers what bama did running the ball.

• NorbyNorby Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

This is the type of performance that determined Mathis wouldn’t compete for the starting position.

Looking at this game and watching Kirby stick with Bennett after two interceptions and the offense is struggling...I think he has given up on the kids who are playing hard and wants to win a Natty. At this rate it is becoming disappointing. Not to mention they had two weeks to prepare for this game and this is what Kirby and his staff have produced.

I am sure Kirby will have an excuse for the team performance. Instead of taking ownership and just say the offense is not good at all.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Part of the challenge of a run heavy offense is that you keep your opponent in the game. If I am Mathis or Daniels, I am on out before the season wraps. There is no possible way either of them runs the offense any worse than Bennett. Is it time for the AD to step in and force a change?

I am thinking Stetsons Bennett is the best we have at quarterback. If he is not, then I don't know why he was not replaced during this game. Kirby can continue to be stubborn with his quarterback decision and one day it will cause him to lose favor with us fans. Maybe his job.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Time for Kirby to go he is not a head coach great recruiter great D coordinator but that's it. His blueprint is outdated this same stubbornness got championship level coach Les Miles sent packing to football hell (Kansas) Brock's going to end up working a warehouse job if he comes here and trust Kirby with his life