Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stetson Bennett: 'I thought we played well except for me today'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett: 'I thought we played well except for me today'

Stetson Bennett IV was honest in assessing how he played following Georgia's slog of a win over Kentucky. "I thought we played well except for me today," Bennett said. "I don't think I played horrible, just those two passes." The Georgia quarterback completed nine of his 13 pass attempts on Saturday for 131 yards.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2020

I think Bennett would be a really good coach one day. Great personality and teammate. But I just want to see what the other qbs can do on the field. Go Dawgs!!

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Come on....You know that Kirby is not going to give an honest assessment about his team, especially the quarterback position. He is scared to hurt feelings. If it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, then it must be a duck. Not to Kirby though. I guess it is hard for Kirby to see how his team is playimg being on the sideline. But, if he is reviewing film after every game like he says he does, then he will see it is a duck.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

DallasDawg I agree with what you just said.. Point made.

• Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

He should do the right thing and step down as starting qb. Since we have a coach that want bench him

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m watching all these QBs today across the country and somehow most of these teams have a better QB than we do. Please tell me how that happens for a perennial recruiting power? Somebody should take some responsibility here.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

To win SEC and national championships you must have an elite QB. Stetson is a nice story and I'm sure he will be very successful in life but he is not an elite QB. The team is good enough to win 7 of the 10 games on the schedule without needing Stetson to carry the team with his arm. Thanks to 3rd and Grantham there will be opportunities to go deep against Florida. But have we seen Bennett able to throw 30 yards downfield with enough zip and accuracy to hit his WR in stride? Hate to say it but I see the Florida game going about the same way the 2015 Faton Bauta experiment went. Hope I'm wrong.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

At this point I'm ready for Mathis again. I don't care if he just runs around with reckless abandon. We can win the SECE with what we got so let's do it and call it a day. I just don't want to play the Shreveport bowl anything other than that then I'm happy. Next year we have our elite QB. It's just unfortunate we wasted this top defense with no elite QB. Poor coach planning.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Basis of what I learned:

1) we need a qb really bad!

2) our o line is pretty stinking good

3) James cook is playing better.

I am so disappointed that we are heading into the Florida game with no identity.

kirby, we deserve an explanation for such poor situation that we are in heading into this game.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am one of the biggest Dawgs fans, a graduate of UGA, lover of Athens and an EXTREME Gator Hater; however, I refuse to watch the game against Florida if Stetson starts under center! I am convinced we cannot win any big game with him. It will literally make me sick to watch Florida beat my beloved team, I won't do it.

I feel CKS is a stubborn human being who has had opportunities to develop his other QBs this year but has refused to allow any other QB to get quality playing time. This makes no sense to me because not only is Stetson at his ceiling he is not bullet proof.

I know there are a many of you reading this who cannot accept logical reasoning when it comes to our team and will likely bash me for saying this or quickly tap the "vote down" for saying this... I truly believe it is highly unlikely we can beat Florida if both of the following occur next Saturday: 1. Stetson starts AND 2. Jordan Davis is out due to injury.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know about y'all but I am fired up about seeing us raise the pennant for the National Practice Championship next year.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am with you Dawg365!!! Bennett will not beat Florida. No way. I have watched them play...they are better than UGA at the moment. Bennett is bush league..nice guy...honest...but cannot even throw a ball out of bounds....no arm strength. He is playing as bad or worse than the first game against Ark. Bama really did a number on the lad. UGA needs a taller., stronger QB....Mathis anyone, JT even with the brace? I tell you, the UGA AD will not tolertate this much longer.....UGA has far too much invested in this football porgram to let Kirby keep this up. You won't beat FL 14-3! Kirby gets to run the ball because we don't have a QB that can stop throwing interceptions! I am harsh because I have been around UGA long enough to know the road we are headed down again. Is ther another rabbit UGA can pull out of the proverbial hat next week? And now Richard LeCounte is injured in a car accident!

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

I give Kentucky credit for their efforts but if you can't get one of your other QB's some ballgame snaps against them when do they get to play? Against Vandy when our chances for SEC East have been intercepted down the drain?