Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Kirby Smart denies Georgia's offense struggled in 14-3 win at Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Kirby Smart denies Georgia's offense struggled in 14-3 win at Kentucky

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart said there were many things Stetson Bennett did well at Kentucky, and he never discussed pulling him

Read the full story here

Comments

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

And there’s your problem!!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dude is delusional! if he doesn’t improve things in a hurry, and I mean next week, with our QB troubles...then he won’t be in Athens for much longer. I’ve never seen a coach so stubborn that it is actually hurting the program in the long run, not being able to get good offensive recruits. We are LSU in the early 2010’s.

• sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited October 2020

I've told ya'll about Kirby after the National Championship game that I saw the reincarnation of Ray Goff with a mixture of Mark Richt 2.0. He's no different accept he has the arrogance and stubbornness of Championship caliber Nick Saban minus the Championships. But, he will continue to get a pass because he's an alum and as I stated, Ray Goff. I give Kirby a couple of more years on that short leash of being the head coach and the sugar high that he will EVER bring a national championship to UGA. He needs to allow his OC to coach not be Conservative Kirby. All he wants to do is kick field goals, play a little defense and run the clock. You're not going to win many games in any league the way today's football is being played. I don't know why they will not move Bennett outside of the pocket or move the pocket. He's Russell Wilson height and he can't throw over his own offensive line. Kirby pulling the same stunts with the previous QBs.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby refuses to acknowledge the reality of the team lack of offense and average at best quarterback play. It is the same song after every poor performance game. You know who else didn't face the reality of how his team performed and went into his press conference singing the same tune....Dan Quinn. We witness and seen what happened there.

• srialiensrialien Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mike is turning into a newer version of Chip Towers. Everything he writes is slanted it fit his own narrative. Bennett’s quote is a great example of that. His full quote included “except for me” part that Mike completely left out and was meant to be both complementary of his teammates and self deprecating at the same time. Same thing anytime he writes about Zamia White. Can’t just give him credit. Nope has to throw in the silly dig about still not having a run longer than 26 yards. I’m about done ready his stuff.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone watching BAMA boat racing Miss St. Devonte Smith in a class by himself.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Najee looking like the best back in the country.....well... there is that guy at Clemson.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we can score we will not win against real teams. It's turning into a dumpster fire fast.

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Love you, Kirby. Keep blowing out our rivals, averaging 11 wins a year and thumbing your nose at the clown/trolls on the comment boards. And Mike Griffith is easily the worst beat reporter I’ve ever read. Gets a narrative that’s a lie and beats it to death. So, Mike, if Newman only left because Daniels beat him out, then why is Daniels still running scout team? Don’t believe a word this guy says.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Meanwhile Justin Fields looks like a Heisman candidate.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mark Bradley after the game...

" If the aim was to win while showing as little as possible, Saturday’s result can be stamped “mission accomplished.” If the intent also was to infuriate every Georgia fan from Hiwassee to Hahira … well, the Bulldogs managed that, too.

Said Bennett: “We’ve just got to score more points. We’ll be all right.”

And maybe they’ll do both – score more and be all right. This is a great defensive team, and it’s not bad at running the ball. If memory serves, Vince Dooley won six SEC championships and a national title doing little else. But Dooley last coached on Dec. 31, 1988. The game has changed a bit since. "

Was Kirby and Georgia playing Possum?

Guess we'll find out next weekend...

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Right JimmyBob: Kirby is infallible, to ye who worship him. I'll give you one thing, he is definitely the king of under-achieving and making excuses. The #5 team in the country (seriously?) just scored 14 points against an unranked opponent they've now beaten 11 years in a row. And I'd be careful with the unsupported crap you sling at JT Daniels. UGA is going to need him if they're going to come even close to beating Alabama, assuming they get that far.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Even Vanderbilt scored 21, and they have been averaging 8. I don't think JimmyBob was thrashing JT. But more if he's hurt just admit it. But I do think that because CKS doesn't say he is still hurt, then to me he is overrated. A 5* that can't beat out a walk on? You are right CKS is a huge underachieving coach. Take today, Alabama was up 20-0 at State's 40 or so. Was 4th and 1, and Saban goes for it. Didn't make it, but he is the picture of coaching to win. While Kirby is the picture of coaching not to lose.

@MikeGriffith does need to stop throwing shade on the backs. I don't care if they break runs for 30 yards or more. I would rather get 7-10 yards each run. That is demoralizing. Breaking a 60 yard td run, is more than likely just a missed tackle. When they put 8 men in the box, you better be throwing the ball on every play until they back up again. But my complaints today are many, but if just wanted to run, why not put a better running qb in.

Ga is about to play another team that is in the top 20 in offense, let's see how the defense does. Against everyone else, minus Alabama, the best offensive team is probably around 50th or so, maybe even worse. The offense as of now, is just pure garbage.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I'm over it. It could've been worse. At least we got a Win + SEC Win + Away and some rest for a couple of our injured guys. Tough that we had those new injuries.

The problem is that Smart is like the kid that will study his butt off to get a 'B' on a very tough class/test but then doesn't spend 5 minutes studying for that laughably easy class and winds up with a B.

So, this was our easy class. With plenty of time to "study", we got our B-. I'm not sure we brought more than one QB. You would THINK that we'd want to get a huge lead, because once you do... then, guess what? You can put in your backups and not risk starters before our biggest game of the year. You would think that you'd give your 2nd and 3rd QBs a chance to get some game experience.

Sigh. Oh well. Next week won't be as bad as people fear. Smart will bring up to the level.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is what he gets for letting Fields go. I'm watching him now mastermind against Penn St. If we had him now with or defense we are talking very good chance of Natty. Shame on on you Kirby.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Looking at Trask pick Missouri apart. We will not outscore them with Bennett at QB. Going to be a wasted season.