Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Kirby Smart denies Georgia's offense struggled in 14-3 win at Kentucky

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, unless Bennett has an epiphany along with Kirby...you can kiss the FL game good bye and the SEC East. I really worry about Mizzo now, they beat KY sort of going away.

Hey guys LeCounte received a concussion and bruised rib in a car wreck after the game today. BAD news, really bad news. I doubt he will play against FL....! What next??

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

I like Bennett, but his leash has to be getting shorter. This type of game after a bye week is not encouraging. He was staring down the receiver on the first interception and should have realized the lineman was in the way. The second interception may be the fault of a receiver who didn’t keep going, but Stet was staring him down also. EDIT: Just listened to Bennett’s interview where he claimed he was just trying to throw the ball away. He may be covering for his receiver, but if he really was trying to just get rid of it, it’s a truly horrendous pass. He could have easily sailed it over the receiver’s head out of bounds instead of throwing it along the sideline.

In fairness to Bennett, though, the run-heavy scheme didn’t let him get as much opportunity passing as he could have, and 9 for 13 isn’t bad. The interceptions concern me, though. I just hope our backup is ready when needed.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who in their right mind believes that even if Fields had stayed at UGA he would have developed like he has at Ohio St? He's putting on a show tonight.

I'm becoming convinced that it's all about the Offensive identity , philosophy and the coaching, or lack thereof.

• Options
    DCDirtyBirdDCDirtyBird Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

So you're OK with underachieving as long as we beat our rivals? I think its perfectly fine to appreciate the wins but be critical of the losses and the why behind the losses.

Make no mistake, we should have 2 NC wins with the talent that has come through UGA the last 4 years.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

He says the Bennett is improving. Well, I guess going from 3 interceptions to 2 IS an improvement.

I don't give a flip about the feel good story and the rest of the team probably doesn't, either. Bennett is the same guy Smart had on the Scout team and then let leave. He is also the guy that recruited or wooed the 4 and 5 star "backups". So is Smart that bad at evaluating talent or does someone have something on him?

And thank goodness we brought in "Air Raid Monken". That hire has really paid off.

• Options
    BestofBreedBestofBreed Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed. The guy can just never admit he was wrong. He will double and triple down to the point where only his own credibility takes a hit. He will take his opinion and write it up as fact. That's my only issue. He treats his opinions as unimpeachable facts. Does anyone still think JT Daniels looked so good he scared off Newman, but is either a) not healthy enough to play halfway through the season or b) is apparently healthy, but is the 3rd stringer? Come on! Yet the guy insists that JT scared off Newman. What's funny about that is how would anyone know that even IF it were 100 percent true? I'm sure Newman ran around telling everyone that he's leaving specifically because JT Daniels looked so good he's scared of him. Again come on. You may have had a theory, but there is zero chance you could report that as fact. Specifically because Kirby has directly said Newman was going to start.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s Sunday morning, and the qb we benched for Jake Fromm is the front runner for the Heisman. Let that sink in y’all. Kirby needs to reasses his qb evaluation skills. Not stirring the pot just saying “the king has no clothes”

• Options
    IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

One can only dream . But can you imagine feilds with our wide receivers and rbs .. and why oh why are we not getting the ball to Washington,, I mean when he gets the ball he looks effortless,, anyway ladies and gentlemen unless Stetson is hurt and I don’t wish that on anyone ,, hate to say it but we’re stuck with him ,, hope you still have a voice from yelling at the tv after the games lol

• Options

"He is playing in the big 10 lol"

He will be the 2nd QB taken in next year's draft. A for sure top 7 pick. What do you not understand? Meanwhile we are starting a walk-on QB who was told back in JUly or August by the coaching staff, they "didn't see him as being a starter" (you've got no chance). Let that sink in.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yo all Dawg fans would you please remove the name Justin Fields from your thoughts. He is long gone to Ohio State, and good for him, he was here at UGA, for a while, but never was a true and blue, and all the way Georgia Bulldog. If so, he would still be at Athens. We are now struggling with the QB that is short in height, but has heart to play, so pray and hope that it's enough, but at the end of the season we will????

• Options

Justin Fields is gone, he did what's best for him. Good for him. I hold nothing against him. He was the 1st or 2nd highest rated QB in America out of high school who chose to come and compete against Jake Fromm. He realized his talent. He could have gone anywhere else he chose. He chose UGA. He believed in himself. He fully expected(sure he was told) come and compete and if you are good enough you will start. He came and the coaching staff(whoever) didn't think that highly of him. CKS said, "he didn't show him that much in practice." Well, ladi-freakin-da. Guess who will be a 1st round pick and who gets the last laugh? It ain't CKS.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

fans aren’t obsessed with him in general. Just viewing the situation as evidence Kirby may need to re-evaluate his qb scoring system.

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not a fan of crying over spilt milk. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

BUT it doesn't seem Kirby learned a **** thing from his Justin Fields mistake.

Coley is gone. We have a new OC with a great track record of success. Same result. The constant input is Kirby.

Mathis is to Fields as Bennett is to Fromm. (I'm assuming Daniels is hurt. Not sure what competitive advantage we gain in Kirby's head by not saying so, but that's his MO). Despite the obvious but raw talent, there was no plan to bring Fields along and develop him throughout the year. He leaves here and has tremendous success. This should be an opportunity for self reflection and learning. But I see the same mistakes and the coach says he doesn't see the struggle.

Kirby, wake up and look in the mirror!