Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

REPORT: Georgia starting interior defensive linemen out for Florida game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,501 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageREPORT: Georgia starting interior defensive linemen out for Florida game

ATHENS — Georgia football will be without Jordan Davis and Julian Rochester against Florida, according to a 247Sports report. Rochester is out for the season with a torn ACL and Davis is expected to miss “multiple weeks” with an elbow injury, per Dawgs247 reporter Rusty Mansell. Davis and Rochester went down with

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wheels slowly coming off with each game that passes. Now the challenge for “the mailman” becomes even more difficult without a healthy defense to slow down the lizards....I’m concerned the mailman will continue to deliver to the wrong address and throw more interceptions. As the Bammer game showed, turnovers in a shoot out lead to a loss. I don’t think we’ll have the same offensive game plan that we did against KY, but will it be enough. Need to pull out the W and then rest the best until the SECCG

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I guess we can expect more of the same type of offensive strategy for Saturday. Ground and pound. Shorten the game and try to get out with a 17-14 win. Yeh, right! CKS had the perfect opportunity to get our young receivers some "touches" going into this week. Get Bennet some confidence. But he was seriously worried about losing to KY. What if Bennet throws interceptions , what if this or that happens? Well what about you throw a couple of TD's and break the game open, make KY have to pass. I swear BAMA would have gone into KY and it would have been over in the 2nd quarter. Missouri manhandled KY! We go one dimensional and make it a 4 quarter game.

For all our top recruiting something is just plain wrong. Only thing it can be is coaching.

• Options
    WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Music city bowl here we come!!!!!

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

With all these D injuries...FL will likely put 30+ on us....so the game is very simple for UGA....score in the 40's on we lose. The D has carried this team all season so now time for the O to somehow step up when they have yet to show any ability to do so. Not looking forward to this game at all!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Davis down....it will be tough to win this one. He blows open those holes. UGA does seem to be diminishing as the weeks go by. Bennett is not improving, at least stats say he isn't. Too many int's. Those are turnovers.....a team's death knell. That means more run game, which, gleefully, Smart will do. Kearis needs to step up like never before and Pickens needs to stay closer to Bennett. He cannot sail anything long with accuracy. He wind-wheels the ball. Hail Mary's. Cook should have a stellar short game out of the slot. Kenny M sweeps and run-backs. Kendall plows. Zeus charges with some pretty good speed and can juke. If the OL can hold up its end, UGA may be able to stay with FL. The defense has lost some of its punch, so is not the factor it should be. Just too many serious injuries. Like cord wood. Are other teams in the same shape? I know Wisconsin lost 22 to covid. What a year!!!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Next man up and stop the freaking whining or go pull for another team. I am just as disappointed as anyone regarding the QB situation, but we still have better players than Florida at every position except for Tight End and Quarterback. Mullen will probably be suspended for the moronic actions the idiot took in Instigating the end of the half fight against Missouri.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to hear about the injuries, but if we lose to Florida or whomever it won't be because of injuries. It will be because of not executing, penalties, turnovers, mistakes, etc. Every single team out there has injuries. Bama lost one of the most explosive and dynamic offensive weapons in the game. They haven't skipped a beat as Bolden has stepped in successfully. If we start blaming our lack of success on injuries we're just making excuses. Next man up...finish the drill.

Defensively, we're supposed to have great depth. Well, we will start to find out come Saturday. I'm more worried about offensive production than about our defense.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just throwing this out there. What if Trask was our QB? Wouldn't that be a game changer as they say? Just a shame to be in this position with the QB.

Just me maybe but I'd rather lose a star receiver and still have one just as good starting every week than lose half my starting defense when my team struggles to score points . But that's just me. Seems some feel differently.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is joy in the SEC offices today! They got exactly what they wanted...advantage UF! Bama and LSU usually have off weeks prior to their battle. If LSU had last year’s team this year and had similar circumstances as UF, who seriously thinks Bama’s schedule would have been adjusted to ensure they wouldn’t have a competitive advantage over the Tigers? This stinks! I can’t say the SEC doesn’t love the Dawgs...they screw UGA at every opportunity!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jordon Davis, likely the best DT in the SEC, out. Senior DT Julian Rochester, out. Richard LeCounte, likely the best safety in the SEC, out. Not to mention the other starting Safety is probable. The best Linebacker is limited.

Ben Cleveland, may also be out.

How often do you see the top defense in the SEC lose 1/3 of it's starters in one week? Oh, and it's the week before the biggest game of the year.

Now, let's pretend it's as simple as, every team has injuries and next man up.

• Options
    edited November 2020

@ SmartsTheMan...

Yes, it is next man up. Unfortunate timing of these injuries, BUT we're supposed to have depth at defense. We'll have to depend on those other star recruits on the defense to fill the holes. Florida is ranked #11 out of 14 SEC teams thus far this year for defense and yards allowed. The Dawgs are ranked #1 - allowing 133 yards per game LESS than Florida.

Even with Florida's low defensive ranking, I'm MUCH more worried about our offensive production than our defense. Offensively, Gators are ranked #3 in total offense, and the Dawgs are #7 in the SEC.

Let Kirby and the coaches worry about getting the replacements up to speed. The players need to worry about executing, penalties, mistakes, and turnovers. We've got to cause fumbles, intercept passes, and pressure Trask while trying to contain his running ability. On paper, our overall talent is better than Florida so if we execute a good game plan and are able to score points then we will win. We've got to improve in 2 main areas - 3rd down efficiency and Red Zone offense.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If people thought we were a ground it out offense last week, wait until Saturday. With a limited defense, it will be critical not to give the gators too many possessions. I suggest playing Mathis instead, since all we will be doing is handing off, or running the QB.

• Options

Folks, we are heading into our 7th round of the College Football playoffs. The Dawgs have made the playoffs only once. We've gotten #1 ranked recruiting classes a couple of recent years and Top 5-10 classes the remaining years. We certainly get some of the cream of the crop. We've got the #1 ranked defense in the country that has very good depth.

Are we ready and willing to already call the season a 'BUST' and hope we survive just to make it to a New Years 6 Bowl? If so, do we use the excuse - poor QB play or now injuries? Which one is it? Is there another excuse we want to use this year on why we won't make the playoffs?

I'm tired of the excuses every year. It's always something. All I know is we have yet to beat the teams we need to beat to become elite. That's the simple truth.

Now let's go get 'er done!!

GO DAWGS!! BEAT THEM GATORS!!!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry, folks. I don't think the Dawgs can keep up with the lizards, this time. Trask is pretty strong and the Bama passing attack shredded the UGA defense WITH a healthy Rochester, Davis, and LaCounte. AGainst UGA !, lizards going to load the box and make Stetson beat them, which he is not capable of doing. Once Dawgs are out of the SEC and Natty hunt, we'll probably get a look at JT and Mathis, again. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    cms1000cms1000 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Anyone have an explanation for why Rusty says Davis is out, but Kirby said during his presser that they're hopeful he plays? Just Kirby being Kirby?

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If LaCount would have lost his left leg in the accident, Kirby would say he has a lower body injury and is day-to-day.

• Options
    cms1000cms1000 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman